[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Not sure if this is the right place to post this but... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

Postby SBSbookkeeping » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:24 pm

I could use a little help from you fine, friendly folks.

I own a bookkeeping and tax service specializing in small businesses and the self-employed. You can see my website here: http://www.sbsbusinessservices.com. I am working on separating this into two sites - one that is strictly for the purpose of promoting my bookkeeping and tax business, and the other as a large content site catering to small businesses.

I will convert most of what's on my current site to my content site, re-design the layout, and continue fleshing it out. Keeping in mind my target market of small businesses, I will have articles, resources, tips and tools covering accounting and taxes, marketing, e-business resources, and a section for "Women in Business". I will be promoting several affiliate programs, and eventually my own products. And of course, I WILL get a newsletter started.

My main business site will not have any affiliate links or "commercial" stuff on it, although I still plan to offer some free resources that I think would benefit my clients. And I will, of course, have prominent links to each other.

There are a couple things I could use some help with. First, any ideas on a name for my content site? The name of my accounting biz is "Small Business Services" (creative, huh? But it has sure helped with the search engines). I was thinking of Small Business Treasure Chest, Small Business Tool Chest, Nuts and Bolts of Small Business, The Small Business Center, (you get the idea). Any of you creative types have any suggestions?

Also, I would also appreciate any ideas of what YOU, as a small business owner, would like to see on the site. Since my expertise is in taxes and accounting and I know that this is one of the major areas that new business owners feel least comfortable with, I will cover this area extensively. Are there any specific things, in ANY area, that you would like to see on this type of website?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Lynne Ganoe
SBSbookkeeping

Re: Not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:43 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby SBSbookkeeping » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, Lynn. Yes, that does help.

I have a few templates up; I guess I will work on expanding that some. I do get a few SE hits for people looking for templates.

Thanks again,

Lynne
SBSbookkeeping

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming