[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - HTML Editors • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

HTML Editors

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

HTML Editors

Postby shonc33 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:25 pm

What is your favorite HTML Editor?
shonc33

Postby NetDebut » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:04 pm

DreamWeaver. I can do almost anything with it.
NetDebut

Postby Karen » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:05 pm

I learned HTML the hard way - by hand coding. I can't figure out these editors if I try. They seem to be so many extra steps to creating a page.

Karen
Karen

Postby Lynn Quario » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:28 pm

I have dreamweaver and have used it a little bit trying to learn CSS. It can be a bit complicated. Mostly I use NVU it is a whole lot easier to use.

For newbies just starting out who don't have a lot of money you can get NVU here...

I think it is a great program to start out with.

Lynn :D
Lynn Quario

Postby Lynn Quario » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:31 pm

By the way I forgot to mention in my last post that NVU is also a free program.

Sorry about the 2 posts I thought this was worth mentioning.

Lynn
Lynn Quario

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:48 pm

Notepad & Dreamweaver here...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby shonc33 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:15 am

I use CoffeeCup and NoteTabPro.

And its not an really an "HTML Editor" XsitePRO is awesome.
shonc33

Postby jaidai » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:51 pm

I learned html using only notepad and a browser. I love using dreamweaver, because of some of the shortcuts it has like automaticly closing open tags and creating tables. I rarely use the design view. I use the code about 98% of the time.
jaidai

Postby Oliver Benn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:26 am

Oliver Benn
Elite Member

Several Years convinced me . . .

Postby Warren Contreras » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:00 am

Warren Contreras

1st Page 2000

Postby pmaior » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:03 pm

pmaior

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:23 am

I too learned HTML the hard way. I like that I took the time to learn how to hand code because I can "see" in my mind how a piece of code will make something look and can fix any errors, remove unecessary code, etc. I use now, mainly because it's free, but also because I'm familiar with it. They did a recent update to the software too - the first in six years I think.

I've seriously been kicking around the idea of doing a 1st Page tutorial, because people seem so daunted by it. The software seems easier to use to me than some of the other HTML editors I've tried. Not only that, but it's within my budget. 8)
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby Phil Tanny » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:46 am

Yes, me too, learned to code the hard way, back when a browser's ability to display images was high tech cutting edge breakthrough technology.

I'm guessing most folks tend to prefer coding whatever way they first learned.

I don't type the HTML directly though, I use a macro program that spits out HTML tags, perl code, frequently used text etc. Saves time, typing injuries, and prevents syntax errors.

Mostly though, I'm trying to get away from page layout, HTML and graphic design, all the stuff that nobody pays me for.

Assuming good navigation, the only person who really cares about the site design is the artist him/herself. The readers just grab the useful info and run.

These days, trying to tune myself to the readers, and stay focused on the content.
Phil Tanny

Postby lklein » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Dreamweaver is my # 1 choice.
I do use XSite Pro when I want to get a small site up quickly.

My pet peeve with XSitePro is it doesn't seem to support folders. Strange!

Lambert
lklein

Postby Alan Petersen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:34 pm

If I need to update affiliate link or setup a re-direct for my affiliate links I just use notepad. Website design I use AdobeGoLive and Front Page. I also have Xsitepro but I haven't really used it. It's a bit clunky to use, I'll use my other html editors and paste the code into Xsitepro since I don't like the default look it produces.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Next

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming