[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Success with Wordpress • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Success with Wordpress

Show Off Your Success! Post your Work-at-Home or Online Business Success Story. From small achievements to life-changing success, we'd love to hear your story...

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Success with Wordpress

Postby sparkyszone » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm

I have been a full time internet marketer for about 10 years, and just recently ( a couple of months ago), stumbled on wordpress. I know it has been around for a long, long time now, and I have come across many blogs that were created in Wordpress, But I never really took a good look at the features that it has to offer.

I checked it out, was amazed, and started to use it just as a blog where I used it to add articles to one of my more popular websites. Soon, after playng with it for a week, I decided to completly convert another site over to WP. I did this after discovering that it had all the features built in or available as a plug-in that would normally take my hours to code by myself.

1)The website that I converted over to Wordpress is a site that I sell Tattoo equipment at. All products that I sell there are sold through affiliate programs that carry tattoo equipment. So, my job was to convert it over so that it would not look like a blog, but a real online store. That was easy! Just turn off the "blog" features like the add a comment, the calander, the latest post tags, and all those things that make a site "bloggy"...

So what I wound up with was:

1)A store that looked cleaner that it originally did.
2)A store that has a highly managable autoresponder that came as an easily addable plug-in.
3)A store that is really easy to add products to. When I ad a new product, ( I ad many per day now), it takes me about 2 minutes to get the images and links from my affiliates and add it, and here is what happens. First, the product is added and published. Second , it is linked up through the menu that is on every page. Third , it creates an xml sitemap that is compatable for google, yahoo and other sites that read xml sitemaps. Then it pings those sites and lets them no that I have added new products. It also pings any blog directories that I tell it to, if I add any articles, etc.

Anyway, I now have twice the traffic, as google picked it up real quick, and twice the sales. Bottom line! Kudos to Wordpress! I am converting other sites over now. It also has a shopping cart plugin that works with google checkout , paypal and alot more that I am looking at.

:wink:
sparkyszone

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:23 am

I have become more and more addicted to using Wordpress to create sites/blogs also. It seems much more easier than opening up Dreamweaver and creating html sites.
MommyEnterprises

i agree

Postby sparkyszone » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:49 am

Yeah, seemed to get better rankings in the engines too!
sparkyszone

Postby sparkyszone » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:01 am

I see that you are using WP on the second site in your tag. Ill be back in the morning to learn about PLR.
sparkyszone

Postby pflsara » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:11 am

Google loves wordpress. My latest 2 blogs I am working on were both indexed in 3 days or less and I have not submitted either to any search engines or conducted any SEO marketing. I've just been making my blogs all pretty like and posting.

During that time I also had a traditional website that still was not indexed by google even 2 weeks AFTER I had submitted it to several directories and search engines. Wordpress is so easy to install and use right away. I'd never go back to a traditional website.
pflsara

Postby tina0827 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Wordpress is definitely the way to go. I am still running into snags but it has definitely helped me get sites up and running alot more quickly than the landing pages I was making through Kompzer.

I'm not even an expert and I am doing workshops on the basics to get people started the right way.

A lot of my success has come from answers I found right here in this forum...thank you all (esp Lynn!)

Tina
@bestreflections
tina0827
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:40 am

MommyEnterprises

Return to Success Stories