This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Don't put all your eggs in the one basket - BANS story

Show Off Your Success! Post your Work-at-Home or Online Business Success Story. From small achievements to life-changing success, we'd love to hear your story...

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Don't put all your eggs in the one basket - BANS story

Postby Maggie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:48 am

Hi, folks -

This is a quote from eBay's affiliate information page -

We are excited to announce eBay’s new global affiliate platform: the eBay Partner Network.

The new platform will go live on April 1st, 2008 PST, at which point eBay will no longer be running its affiliate program through Commission Junction. Beginning April 1st, affiliates should register with eBay Partner Network and migrate their links from CJ to the new platform.

While CJ and ValueClick have been valuable partners to eBay throughout the years, we’ve decided to give our affiliate community a customized experience. eBay will continue its partnership with ValueClick’s technology division, Mediaplex, for ad serving, tracking and other custom projects.

All the great tools and benefits of working with the eBay program will remain the same – access to the Editor Kit and affiliate API, the flexible destination tool, the great payout structure. Please note that there will be no changes in the pricing structure as part of this transition. In addition, the eBay Partner Network will provide several new features:

* Easy global registration to multiple countries simultaneously
* New, targeted banners and rich media creatives
* New landing page optimization and geo-targeting capabilities
* More detailed reporting capabilities for eBay’s programs

The eBay Partner Network and Commission Junction will run in parallel for one month through this process, so please plan to complete your migration by May 1st, 2008.

Now it may be that it will be an easy migration from one affiliate network to another - however, it means you should always keep an eye on emails and not rely completely on one source of revenue for your affiliate earnings.

This is a complete DUH moment for me - as I was just starting to earn some decent money through eBay - and I will have a significant amount of editing to do to keep up with the eBay changes.

Margaret
Maggie

Postby tess47 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:03 pm

How true! People should always have a few different methods they can use to make money online. You never know what might happen with one affiliate program or another.

I currently promote products from two affiliate programs, plus I write my own informational products - and MY products are selling better than the affiliate products I promote! Go figure.

Anyway, whatever works, do it! Just make sure to do MORE than one program to be on the safe side.

I know what you mean with ebay - I was doing something that was working GREAT on their site, then out of the blue the rules changed. Oh well, you win some, you lose some! Keep up a great attitude and it makes all the difference. :D
tess47

Return to Success Stories