This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My Success Story and the Things To Come

Show Off Your Success! Post your Work-at-Home or Online Business Success Story. From small achievements to life-changing success, we'd love to hear your story...

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

My Success Story and the Things To Come

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Rather than retype the whole thing, here is a cut and a paste from one of my web sites, with some edits:

I've been working for a company for 8 years, as of October 2007. To put it bluntly, it's been bad news. No respect, no consideration and I haven't had a raise in 5 years. No sick pay and no holiday pay either. Did you ever hear the song by Bob Seger called, "Feel Like A Number?" Yup, that was me. I was feeling pretty doggoned hopeless. Like I was going to be here for the rest of my life and that they may as well just throw the dirt over me now. Yes, folks, I was the turkey and they should just stick a fork in me, `cause I was done. Pretty sad, huh? I was on a massive pity party.

I'm not sure exactly how it came about, but one day I just said to myself, "enough is enough." I was done feeling that my life was boring and I was going nowhere awfully fast. I needed out and I was going to do something about it, come hell or high water. I started looking around to see if there was a way of making money online.

I knew that there were thousands of Get Rich Quick schemes out there, but I wanted something that actually worked and would allow me to use what I already knew. Eventually, I came across Site Build It! and started looking into it. I did not want to be taken, so I was going to take the time to do some extensive research before I made any sort of move. I Google'd Site Build It! and couldn't find any legitimately bad words anyone had to say about it. I read a bunch of information from the company about Site Build It! and even enjoyed perusing the case study stories of various Site Build It! users and how it has helped them.

Site Build It! claimed that I could take a passion, a hobby, an interest that I loved and turn it into a small business. That sounded pretty cool. As a native Oregonian, I loved the Oregon Coast so I wanted to see if that would be something that would work. It sure did! In fact, for only $25 a month, it OVER-DELIVERS in big ways!

I created my own SBI web site, Romantic Oregon Coast Vacations in May of 2006. I am loving building it, and am seeing some great traffic and money coming in. It's still a young site, so I have to give it time and just enjoy the ride. My goal is to have a home at the Oregon Coast and SBI will be my vehicle to get there. I know that now and it sure is nice to know something exciting about my future!

Thanks to Site Build It!, my web site, Romantic Oregon Coast Vacations, is in the top 1% of all web sites on the Internet, I have people coming to visit from all over the world and, best of all, I'm having a great time doing something I enjoy!

I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'm well on my way. Gimme a break! I've only been at it for a tad over a year! :wink:
Last edited by Oregon Coast Guy on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:11 pm

Awesome! I'd love to see the link to your Oregon Coast site, if you want to share. It sounds like you are well on your way to making a positive transition between careers - Congrats!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:22 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Awesome site!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:29 pm

Thanks, Lynn! I'm really loving it. The visitor emails and the commissions from various places isn't too bad, either! :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:32 pm

Do your plans include leaving your current job? Or does doing this on the side fulfill your personal needs & goals? You obviously have a lot more interest and passion in the online business, than you do the offline job, but I know some people choose to maintain both.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:47 pm

I plan on getting out as soon as I'm stable enough. When I say how I'm treated there, I'm shooting straight. I'm as transparent and honest as the day is long!

Long term goal is drinking coffee in my nook at the Oregon Coast, working on my multiple SBI web sites, watching the rat race run tediously by and laughing all the way. :wink:

BTW, thanks for letting me share my story. Gotta go! Just received another contact email from my site!
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:51 pm

That sounds like a great plan ;) I know, because I'm sitting here having a coffee in the valley of the Cumberland Plateau in a quiet little town in Tennessee... and LOVE it.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:52 pm

You don't have to rub it in! lol :wink:

BTW, the email was from a pastor in Coos Bay, asking to have his wedding services listed
Last edited by Oregon Coast Guy on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 pm

LOL - Just trying to offer a little extra motivation ;) :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:54 pm

Everyone can use the motivation to keep moving forward :D
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby mom99 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:01 am

Hi Tony,

I visited your site. It is a beautiful set up, easy to navigate, and very informative. I spent way too much time looking around. Your site made me want to go to the Oregon Coast for a look- see!!

Good luck to you. With all the work you are doing, you will meet your goals.

mom99
mom99

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 am

Thanks, mom99, I really appreciate the comments. I'm having a great time building it and watching all the people come is exciting for me. The money is nice, too! :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 am

Hey Tony,

How long have you been in SBI? I've been in SBI for a year now.

I noticed that you are very active in the SBI circle.
skyjoe76

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:39 am

I've been with SBI since May 2006. Yup, I love rubbing elbows with my second family! ;)
Oregon Coast Guy

Next

Return to Success Stories