This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I'll Give You A Great Business Name...FREE!

Special Offers specifically for SSWT Members. Registered Members may post Special Offers here that are not offered elsewhere. Check in for Members-only savings on products and services. **Please read Guidelines post before submitting a Special Offer

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I'll Give You A Great Business Name...FREE!

Postby David Jackson » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Hello Everyone:

I'm in the process of starting my own business naming service. I'll make a deal with you. I'll come up with a great name for your new business - no charge. All I ask in return is that you give me a testimonial that I can use on my new website.

If you're interested, just send me a detailed private message. This is a limited-time offer!

Update: This offer has been closed.

David Jackson
Last edited by David Jackson on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
David Jackson

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Interesting concept! I'm sure some starting out could use help with this. Thanks for the generous offer David.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:44 pm

This is a really great offer, David! Very kind of you!

I've moved this topic to the Special Offers section, though, as I think it goes better there. Thanks!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:14 pm

tknoppe wrote:Interesting concept! I'm sure some starting out could use help with this. Thanks for the generous offer David.

No problem. I can afford to do it. Plus, I've learned over the years that testimonials are worth their weight in gold.

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby David Jackson » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 pm

lisamariemary wrote:This is a really great offer, David! Very kind of you! Thanks!

It's absolutely my pleasure!

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Wow! Hello great service. I always find myself stuck brainstorming domain names etc... so your services would be very, very helpful for people like me (and I'm sure there are plenty of us!)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:16 am

terrapin719 wrote:Wow! Hello great service. I always find myself stuck brainstorming domain names etc... so your services would be very, very helpful for people like me (and I'm sure there are plenty of us!)

Thanks, Loretta! I'm pretty excited about it too. Right now, I'm researching the market and gauging the response I get to my offer. If I'm satisfied with the response, I'll probably launch my new service this summer.

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby angienewton » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 am

Very interesting concept. I have a friend I'm helping brainstorm names so I'll let her know about your offer.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm

angienewton wrote:Very interesting concept. I have a friend I'm helping brainstorm names so I'll let her know about your offer.

Sounds good. Thanks, Angie!

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby Paul Wilson » Mon May 18, 2009 8:06 pm

When do you plan to start your business name service David? What do you think of the name Wilson Whiz Enterprises?
Paul Wilson

Postby David Jackson » Thu May 28, 2009 8:53 am

Paul Wilson wrote:When do you plan to start your business name service David? What do you think of the name Wilson Whiz Enterprises?

Paul, another business idea of mine has taken priority over the naming service. So, I won't be doing that after all.

However, to answer your question...Wilson Whiz Enterprises doesn't cut it. It's too generic. Whenever possible, your business name should instantly identify what you do. For example, my domain name "Free Marketing Tips Blog" instantly tells everyone that my blog is about free marketing tips.

How about using your name, plus whatever it is that you do. For example, "Wilson Employment Service" or "Wilson Job Search." Starting to get the idea?

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby Paul Wilson » Sat May 30, 2009 11:11 am

David, so whatever niche that you're participating in, it's best to name that company around that niche? I get the idea now!

For example if I had a website on sports cars I would name my business Wilson Sports Cars or Wilson Sport Rides. Thank you for your response
Paul Wilson

Postby David Jackson » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:51 am

Paul Wilson wrote:David, so whatever niche that you're participating in, it's best to name that company around that niche? I get the idea now!

For example if I had a website on sports cars I would name my business Wilson Sports Cars or Wilson Sport Rides. Thank you for your response

Exactly. Your business name should immediately identify what you do. This has certain SEO benefits as well, though no one can say for sure exactly how much. Nonetheless, Google seems to like it and that's good enough for me.

David Jackson
David Jackson

Return to Special Offers