[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Would appreciate any opinions or suggestions on my web site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Would appreciate any opinions or suggestions on my web site

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Would appreciate any opinions or suggestions on my web site

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 am

I would appreciate everyone looking at my site and giving me their opinions.

it's actually live now but I only have about the first 5 pages loaded so far.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions.

http://www.beginnerinternetmarketingcenter.com
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Adrian Jock » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Monna, I have a simple suggestion: if you want to make business online, then throw away the comcast email address you indicated as contact email address.

Comcast email addresses are very good to stop the spam that will be sent to you by the spambots that will harvest for sure your email address from the site.

Comcast email addresses are NOT good at all if you really want to be contacted. A LOT of legit messages will never arrive to you because of the powerful spam filter installed by Comcast. And by the way, you will NEVER know that you missed a message.

You have to choose what you want:

- no spam and a poor customers support, or
- spam and a normal customers support.

If you don't like any of these options, then there is a third one: get a serious email address but don't post it online (use an online form instead) or post an IMAGE that contains the email address. The spambots don't know to read the text (the email address) from the images, people know :wink:
Adrian Jock

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Your hosting includes email if you need that. If you need help setting that up just give Val or I a shout. I'm guilty of using a freebie email address (my gmail) all the time too, so don't feel bad there.

I think the site is looking good so far.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Adrian Jock » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Adrian Jock

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:21 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I have had Comcast for years but just never thought about not using it for my email.

But now that you mention it, I have been reading a lot about Comcast blocking mail.

Thank you for the opinions and suggestions.

I think I will be okay to set up the email through the server but if not, you know I will contact you. LOL
Monna Ellithorpe

Return to Website Reviews