This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

colors for website

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

colors for website

Postby Brismom » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm

I am undecided on putting a background color on my webpage to go around the template to seperate it . Also the red in the template. I am in a debate with myself on if I should pay to have it changed right now to match my logo better. I just launched this site about 1 month ago so I have yet to have sales as I am marketing the site right now. Any suggestions about what you think about the overall look and maybe what I could add or change?
http://www.kidschairworld.com/index.php

Thanks.
Brismom

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 pm

I think you're on the right track on both counts. The red in the template makes the logo look out of place, like it doesn't belong - and the logo is a very important aspect of your branding, so playing it up would be a good thing.

And I think a background color around the template would make your content pop more. And would train the visitor's eye into the middle where you want it.

I really like the site, though - I just love little kids' furniture! I hope you do well with it!

Have you been to one of Lynn's free webinars on Tuesdays? http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/webinars.htm

We all learn so much from her there, because, even if she's not talking about your site - you might get tips from the critiques she might give of 'my' site.

And the camaraderie is great, too! :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:15 pm

I personally like it as is but I do agree about having the part in red match the logo better that would look really good.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Brismom » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:12 pm

thanks for the tips and opinions, I appreciate them!
Brismom

Postby lisamariemary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:42 pm

You're very welcome! :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:39 pm

My pleasure!
angienewton
Elite Member

very clean and clear site

Postby createyourdream » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:59 pm

I like your message to market match here. The logo catches the eye, most important information for the sale is above the fold. You are clearly positioning your site to be for very specific buyers, those who are ready to purchase children's furniture, and it's easy to read and navigate around.

How are you marketing this site?

Best,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:52 am

It's been awhile since I went over colors, maybe blue instead of red? I think it's blue that makes people want to shop. I think if you matched the pinkish red in the lettering of your logo it would flow a lot better.

It looks like the red parts are image parts, so if you have a graphic program you could open them up and edit them. (save a backup of the original first of course)

Try some of the colors from your logo first and see if that makes things feel brighter and more cozy.

It's a great little niche you've found there :)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Brismom » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 pm

For marketing my site I have a plan that I follow. social bookmarking, blogging, forums, article writing and creating squidoo lenses. I am working very hard on free marketing right now.

For colors, the color that is on my site was part of a package that I purchased. They had 3 different colors to choose from . As far as changing the color, I was not able to change it myself as I cannot figure it out. I could change all of the colors except the red. If I want to change it I will have to pay to have it done, so I know that I want to change it . Once I start getting sales I will look into paying someone to change the colors.

I appreciate all of your suggestions and feedback. They are very helpful. :)
Brismom

Postby gsmart » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 am

I would use the colors on the logo throughout the site.
gsmart

Return to Website Reviews