This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Review My Website Please

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Review My Website Please

Postby davesjoint » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:13 pm

Please take a look at my website and give me any feedback you would like. Thank You! http://www.davesjoint.com

You can also look at this page for my Website Development Links:
http://www.davesjoint.com/servlet/the-template/Web%20Development%20Links/Page
davesjoint

Postby gsmart » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:38 am

Too many ads.
gsmart

Postby karynsolo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:55 am

Site is loading too slowly, first 20 seconds on the site I spent waiting for all the graphics to load and not able to click on anything.
karynsolo

Postby nikita.dev10 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:25 am

Loading is fast for me.
(1) Good logo should be designed
(2) Header should be replaced with attractive one.
(3) Should use a common theme.(Color combination)
(4) Remove unnecessary blank white spaces.

Rdgs
nikita.dev10

Postby spicy.girly01 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:45 am

Too many ads. Logo is not good. Site design is poor as a overall.
spicy.girly01

Postby pinnacle.biz » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:31 am

Too many ads. Color combination is not attractive. Unnecessary white spaces should be removed.
pinnacle.biz

Postby karynsolo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:48 am

The site is too busy too much wasted space. I personally could only take a few seconds looking at it before the confused where to start feeling set in, within 5 min I clicked off of the site altogether. The logo definitely needs work. if you go to www.getafreelancer.com you can find logo designers for a very reasonable rate.

Personally I would rather see more of a web 2.0 look and feel to the site and some good organization and some valuable information verus just links to affiliate products. Tell me why I should consider some of these products.

There is no sales copy, no real direction for me as a reader.
karynsolo

Re: Review My Website Please

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:52 am

davesjoint wrote:Please take a look at my website and give me any feedback you would like. Thank You! http://www.davesjoint.com

You can also look at this page for my Website Development Links:
http://www.davesjoint.com/servlet/the-template/Web%20Development%20Links/Page

I'm going to go a slightly different way than almost everyone else did. I actually like the colors, because they're somewhat different than the norm. However, I do agree there's way too much white space.

Also, you're hurting yourself because your text is all the way to the right after the ads, and that turns people off almost immediately. Also, I read your text, and it's funny that all the things you talk about in your text aren't reflected in a single ad on your front page; the closest is the can of pepper spray. That's not going to do anything for your SEO efforts. Also, having the links in your content but not along the side in your menu is a bad idea.

Unfortunately, it does need some redesigning. One thing I'd definitely do is move the sides in a little bit, because your left menu being right up against the side of the browser looks a little odd, and I'm not sure how that will render in all other browsers that see it.

Good luck with your site.
Mitch

Return to Website Reviews