[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New Opt In Page for Review • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New Opt In Page for Review

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

New Opt In Page for Review

Postby gkideas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:13 pm

gkideas

Postby gkideas » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:53 pm

gkideas

Postby KansasDragon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:27 am

I like the appearance of the site, looks nice.

I'm not real fond of your sales pitch.

"Free Anti Aging News Blog Updates", maybe it's just me, but doesn't "Blog" basically imply News and Updates? Sounds redundant.

Also, since you're selling to an older market, you might keep in mind, many of them will not have a clue what a "Blog" really is. If you don't believe me, ask 10 people over 65 what a blog is, and see how many can tell you.

Why "Just a few facts"? If I were interested I'd want more specifics, more facts, what types of conditions are you going to give me information about. You need to hit them in their individual "pain point" or they probably will never put in that email address.

I'd rather see your page 3 times longer with more information and the signup box shown about 3 times.

Just a humble opinion...
KansasDragon

Postby gkideas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:36 pm

gkideas

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi GiGi,

I like the look -- nice colors, clean design.

But what you're offering is a bit confusing. The Report (free instant download) is pretty obvious... I give you my name and address and "get it now." Great!

But at the end you say, "You may unsubscribe at any time." A natural response to that would be, "Unsubscribe from what? I'm not 'subscribing' to anything... I'm just downloading a report, right?"

Also, does the description of what you're providing describe the free report... or whatever the subscription is for?

See the disconnect?

You need to be clear and include a sentence on your site about what people are really opting in for. For example:

"Sign up now and you can be learning about the powerful __ (a number might be good here) anti-aging techniques revealed in this FREE report within 2 minutes! But that's not all! Because new anti-aging discoveries are being made by researchers every day, I'll also provide you with periodic updates that will keep you informed on what is happening in the healthy aging field. If for any reason you're not happy with the information I send, you can unsubscribe at any time. And remember, it's all free."

(Or something like that.)

One more thing... should "anti-aging" be hyphenated? I think it should be, but haven't looked it up. Whichever is correct, make sure it's consistent on your site.

Best of luck with it!
Bonnie Lowe

Postby gkideas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi Bonnie,

Actually, I just put up that revised page a couple of hours ago! What timing!

In the opt-in box, I put the sentence "Free Healthy Aging News updates".

I could see where I might be a little clearer down below. Here is the sentence I use now:

My periodic updates will keep you informed on what is happening in the healthy aging field.

How about if I add to that "and are included with the Healthy Aging book".

What they actually are subscribing to are my blog updates, not a newsletter.

Also, anti aging does not have a hyphen. The greatest number of searches are done with it as two separate words, although people spell it several ways - with a hyphen and as one word.

I put in that one hyphenated one for a search engine pick up.

Thanks for your suggestions!

GiGi
gkideas

Return to Website Reviews