[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Review Please :) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Review Please :)

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Review Please :)

Postby spanbgon » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:11 pm

My father has a local service business and was in need of a website. I never built one before but gave it a shot. This was created from scratch using Frontpage. I'd like your overall opinion on the site and any suggestions on making it better. I noticed it looks much better in IE vs Firefox. As you will also see I recently put some ads on the site but none of these have generated one cent. Any suggestions to generate some income will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Joe

www.ufillorwefill.com
spanbgon
Elite Member

Postby Johnny » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:05 pm

I suppose you used orange font is because of the color of the wording on the vehicle. But orange with black as a background doesn't look good to me.

If this is a business site, I suppose adsense might not be suitable.

The images don't seem to display out.

Design looks amateur.
Johnny

Postby spanbgon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Yes the site was designed to be consistent with the trailers. Everything from the business cards to the trailers is consistent.

Which images do not display?

While the design wasn't meant to look amateur it was my first one ever created. I knew nothing about building pages/sites or html. Thanks for the feedback though!!
spanbgon
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi Joe!

Your orange on black idea to match your trailers is ok...but the site does need attention from a design standpoint. Not bad for your first time though...I immediately realized that I CAN'T design sites, so I outsourced from the beginning.

You have the start of something here...but I would remove Adsense from this type of site. You don't want distractions for your site visitors from the main offer.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Les » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:38 am

Joe,

Some constructive observations - just my opinion so don't be offended (I bet most people's first sites weren't too good.)

Difficult to read - scrap the orange font and black background. Black text on a white or very light background will be more readable.

Keep the logo and star bursts.

Scrap the scrolling 'thing'.

Write a headline that grabs the readers eyeballs, example - "One Call And It's Cleared - Yep! We're That Quick".

Change the copy (wording) on the home page. At present it's mostly about the company. Make it about the prospective customer and how he benefits by using you. Top of the head example - Unlike others we're a family business, so you won't suffer from shoddy sub-contractors work. And because we're family, we won't treat your home like a building site.

Not many other dumpster businesses can offer you one low price AND stick to it - you'll never be charged for hidden extras.

One more thing, optimize your pictures so they load faster.

Hope this helps.

Les
Les

Postby spanbgon » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:22 pm

spanbgon
Elite Member

Return to Website Reviews