[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please check out and review my website. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please check out and review my website.

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Please check out and review my website.

Postby mellymom3 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:00 pm

mellymom3

Postby Rasby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:55 am

Melanie,

My first response was: what exactly is this site for? It looks a bit too much like one of those sites where people just post a bunch of advertising. Granted, I don't have small children at home, but I'm wondering if it might help to have more of an introduction to what the site is for. What is your mission? If it is to help parents have successful parties? Is it just a store for cartoon products? I guess my response is that I couldn't figure out why I would want to go beyond the first page because I couldn't figure out what your mission was. . .so I wasn't sure how it would be of value to me.

I hope this helps. I'm not trying to be discouraging because, if I can guess what you are trying to do, I think it is an interesting concept. But you might want to add sections on pary ideas - say, how to put together a Bratz themed party or a Superman themed party. Decorating tips for cakes, etc. Of course, that may not really be your mission, but you need something to let your reader know what they are supposed to do :) Lead them to the next step somehow.
Rasby
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:01 pm

This is an online retail merchandise shop for cartoon related products. I just mention there are products for parties, birthdays, etc. They are gift ideas/products to purchase for those events.
I don't plan parties, or any of that sort.
My site does not come across as an online store?
How could I improve that then?
mellymom3

Online Store

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi Mellymom,

so glad to see you on the forum. Oh, and we have the same last name! Could it be that we're related :)

Anyway, as far as your online store - is it possible for you to add any written content of your own to follow up on some of that great advice, or are you only able to add products? Just how much flexibility do you have with that site?
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:21 pm

I almost forgot I wrote this and asked for a review. I have had to take this site down due to the fact I was using dropshipers who turned out to be bad at customer service. I lost a few customers due to the fact.
I have recently decided to get into RR and PLR products and have set up a new site.
I have noticed in the couple weeks I have had it that people don't really check around very much.
I have my stats set up in Google Analytics. My bounce rate is like 75%. Not sure what it should be but they on average only look at about 2 or 3 pages before they leave.
Lynn is it possible you could review this site for me and tell me if it is not appealing to the eye? Should I change the logo? Find a new template?
Write something different on my main page? Create a splash page?
Anything else?
Or should I just concentrate on marketing, and it is too early to tell?
Any tips would be appreciated!!!

thanks
p.s. the store url is in my sig
mellymom3

Postby Craig » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:43 am

Craig

Postby mellymom3 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:31 pm

mellymom3

Postby Craig » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Craig

Return to Website Reviews