[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Re: Would like a review please • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Re: Would like a review please

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Re: Would like a review please

Postby Andrea21 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 am

Hi,

Can someone please review my website at:
www.characters-and-products.com.

Regards

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby laurie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 am

Hi Andrea,

First, you have an adorable site! Nice job.

A couple of things that stood out to me were:

You might want to include the left navigation on every page. You have to keep clicking the back button to get back to it, and this might lose people.

Also, on the separate products page, I think it would be good if you could include the links for each character right there on the page. I realize there are more than one link, but you want to make it as easy as possible for people to find what they're looking for - otherwise, they leave.

Hope this helps.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Andrea21 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:47 pm

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for replying and for the nice comments.

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:33 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Andrea21 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Hi,

Yes, I'm trying to earn an income with adsense.

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby DougYITBOS » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:30 pm

It's not bad - but I do have a few points for you to conider.

1) I'm not a big fan of the colors.. it almost hurt my eyes.
I Like the idea of "pastel" type colors for kids products but not so close the "neon" world. :)

2) I would make your left navigation stand out more as ... navigation. It blended with the ads visually. You want people to be able to QUICKLY find their way around.

3) I like the idea of having the images of the characters on the front page link to products. But they are all "smooshed" and look odd. Make them big, and in your face. Take a look at this t-shirt site for an idea on how to use product images to link to product categories:
http://www.bustedtees.com
(I am not affiliated with that site in anyway)
DougYITBOS

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:31 am

Nice niche you have. I have a few points.

1. Too many adsense on home page.

2. Some of your adsense colour doesn't blend in with your background. Like your batman page.

3. You may want to tone down the color of both your side bar. It's too bright, causes headache for some people.

That's my 2 cents worth
skyjoe76

Postby Andrea21 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi,

Thank you for replying. It sounds as though the colors require toning down and that kind of thing.

Andrea
Andrea21

Return to Website Reviews