[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Not living up to expectations . . . . • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Not living up to expectations . . . .

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Not living up to expectations . . . .

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:54 am

Home_Based_Mom

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi Sandi,

Here are some keyword phrases you can consider:

303 smelly feet
2026 foot care
119 foot care products
525 foot problems
326 foot fungus
185 stinky feet
15 cure stinky feet

63 foot odor
37 best foot odor cures
12 cure foot odor
12 foot odor cures

I didnt read all of your copy, just above the fold and I thought it was GREAT. If my feet smelled bad, I'd be scrolling around looking for an order link ;)

I think optimization would help a lot!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby annalaurabrown » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:35 pm

How about trying the following:

Writing some articles related to the topic without giving away the information in your report.

Making it a bit more clear as to exactly what you are offering. Is this a report? ebook? or? I'm not real sure what I would get if I paid the 4.97?

how about registering the name as a .com?

What about starting a blog about your experiences and expertise? I'm sure you have enough to share with the world.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:51 am

I agree with AnnaLaura.

These domains are available at the moment (and on sale at GoDaddy): StopStinkyFeet.com and Stop-Stinky-Feet.com.

People will remember (and happy customers will be able to recommend) a great site name like StopStinkyFeet... but they'll think it's a .com -- very few will remember the .info and you'll lose all those potential visitors.

In addition to the other tips already provided, you definitely need some good testimonials from satisfied customers. Yep, even people who are only going to spend $4.97 want PROOF that the solution has worked for others before they commit their own money.

Also, I'm confused about your copy. At one point you say "I have found a simple and inexpensive home remedy" and then later you say "NO home-brewed concoctions!" Those statements seem to contradict each other, so you need to clarify it one way or the other.
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks for your input! I have tweaked the page a bit to improve key-word density, but who knows when the Googlebot will wander by again.

None of the dot-coms were available when I made the site. I will definitely pay GoDaddy a visit. Redirects may very well be worth the expense.

It it interesting what you have found to be unclear, because I thought I had made it so clear it was almost overkill. It just goes to show there is no substitute for another perspective or pair of eyes!

The "home remedy" makes use of a product most people already have in their homes. I put that "no home-brewed concoctions" line in there after reading about brewing tea bags combined with a bunch of other stuff for hours on end, and other desperate things people have posted online.

At the very bottom of the page I have a table cell that says:

"Very Important: When you complete the payment process, you will be given a link - right on the PayPal page - to the information you just purchased. Please click on that link to receive your information. You will not be receiving a physical product. Instead you get information on what common and inexpensive product to buy and why it works so well! "

I thought that was clear, too! :( I put that there after a few (not many) people somehow misread or didn't understand what they read or "saw what they wanted to see never mind what was really there" and thought they were going to get something in the mail.

I honestly felt - and still feel - that paragraph almost hits people over the head with an intelligence-insulting club, but maybe I'm too close to the issue and what is obvious to me isn't obvious at all to others? :?:

Any and all feedback is more than welcome. I really would like to make this work! :D

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:57 pm

I agree that you should be using a .com name.

Using Lynn's keywords I checked and these are all available:

SMELLYFEETPROBLEMS.COM
SMELLYFEETCURE.COM
STINKY-FEET-CURE.COM

I would use one of those as your domain name.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:36 pm

The domain was up for renewal anyway, and when I went to do that, dot com and dot biz were both available (not the case when I first put the site up) so I took them and they redirect to the dot info site.

I also re-worded the text on the site to hopefully be more key-word dense.

I am trying to blog and I finally got the hang (I think) of ping-0-matic.

Hopefully these will result in increased traffic. 8)

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby DougYITBOS » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:50 pm

DougYITBOS

Return to Website Reviews