[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Revolutionary New Website ! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Revolutionary New Website !

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Revolutionary New Website !

Postby dyderik » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 am

Hi, my name is Dick Detering born in the Netherlands and living in the Philippines. I'm 57 years old. Learned website programming not so long ago on the Internet. Know a little bit about search engine optimization as well. My html is protected by "Html-Protector" and therefore search engine robots CANNOT read the text on my pages. That's why there is unprotected text in the bottom of every page, READABLE for search engines but normally not readable for visitors. Anyway, did my best to make a nice design for my niche business and of course hope the niche will flourish. Reviews would be HIGHLY appreciated. The address is: http://happybuyer.org
dyderik

Postby ideaGENERATOR » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:38 pm

Here's a few things you could address.

When I first visited your site, I had absolutely no idea what the site was about.

I looked at the left top corner and saw "pay offline." That wasn't too appealing to me because I had no idea what I was buying. Some viewers would leave at this point, but I kept looking. I started reading the top messages and started getting the idea of what your marketing.

Your site will be much more effective if you can help viewers determine what the site is about on the first few seconds of entry. Your writing is pretty effective, but that's my first indecator of what the site is about.

I looked around further and found you have the perfect message to do just that. The best step you could take is to place on the main domain page, the phrase "shop online and pay offline with cash." This will help first time viewers learn what you do right away.
ideaGENERATOR

Postby dyderik » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:16 am

IdeaGenerator, thank you very much! I think I should also put something like "Sell Online and give your customers the possibility to pay with cash" ?? Because the site is also for merchants.
By the way, to be very honest, I went to your site and I hardly understand what it is about and what I can buy. Could you explain your products? Maybe good for me? And what is "digg it" ?
Thanks again and have a GREAT day!
dyderik

Postby ideaGENERATOR » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:01 am

"Allow customers to pay with cash online."

The shorter you can make any sentense the better. People don't have long attention spans.

Don't need to include the word sell, because that is an implied action merchants do.

"your" is rarely needed in front of "customers."

- the possibility -give +allow

---------
About my site.
Firstly, I just set it up yesterday and am really just promoting my name. Trying to get testomonials from people I help. I will be turning it into a real site very shortly, but I have more important things on my mind currently.

What I do.
I offer counsil. The first option is what I did for you on my first reply... ( I am going on forums and promoting my services by helping people like you). Eventually I want to be able to charge 4.99 for ideas to improve peoples sites.

The other option, I will setup a live chat and you can ask questions, shoot out ideas, focus on sections of your website that need improvement. I will offer suggestions, solutions and advice to strengthen your website and presence.

"Digg it" is a voting mechanism created from the site Digg.com. There you can find a bunch of bloggers talk about news. People click Digg it to stories they like, and the more votes, the more likely people will take notice and read it. You need to sign up for it, and it takes only one minute.
ideaGENERATOR

Hi IdeaGenerator

Postby dyderik » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:36 am

First of all: I visited your site again and submitted a testimonial. Further I would like to ask: could you pls take one more look at http://happybuyer.org ? I followed your suggestions and changes have been made. Thanks!!
dyderik

Postby theuniek1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:08 pm

Hello dyderik,
Just has a quick jaunt over to your site and a number of things jumped out at me.

Since your website has a great deal to do with money and the transferring of money from one party to another, it's important that all the details of the site are up to par.

The marquee was troubling to me as a visitor because it took too long to deliver the information I needed and when I tried reading the content on the page, the movement continued to distract me.

Next, the site needs a good proofreading. I spotted an error within the first few sentences, and they continued throughout the content, which put me off right away.

The goal of your site needs to be inspiring trust. Your HTML is encrypted -- anyone viewing your site with javascript disabled will not see your site at all, not to mention that your site is no longer accessible to humans with disabilities or search engines spiders. Additionally, the bbb button you have on the site simply leads to the Better Business Bureau website and not your actual listing (in good standing) pages.

Not trying to be harsh, only trying to help.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby dyderik » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Hi Teli

Thank you very much for the comments. May I know what the ERROR is you are talking about? A spelling or grammar mistake? Sorry for my English. About 6% has Javascript disabled so that's not really something to worry about. See http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
About the BBB: you're absolutely right. When I tried to apply for the program and for the Truste program as well, I was declined because the site is not located in the USA. Am very curious about the error. Thanks!
dyderik

Postby ideaGENERATOR » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 pm

One) Scrolling text is the worst invention ever. You have one sentence in there that repeats... there is no purpose - there is no reason for it.

two)Links should be on top... navigation is important, a viewer not only uses it for navigation, but to determine what the site is about.

three)the second sentence needs the word "a" before "credit card!"
ideaGENERATOR

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:03 am

theuniek1

Re: Revolutionary New Website !

Postby Thomas_gun_21 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:50 pm

Thomas_gun_21

Return to Website Reviews