[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Still a Work in Progress, But... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Still a Work in Progress, But...

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Still a Work in Progress, But...

Postby Denise6714 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:16 am

Still a work in progress, but I would love it if you would take a look at my website and let me know what you think, so far.
Please don't hold back, I respect the oppinions of the forums and want to continue to improve.
www.sample-swap.com
Denise6714

Postby chiara » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:08 pm

Hi Denise6714

the site is quite clean and easy to read. I don't very much like the scrolling texts - they look a bit cheap, and distract the attention from the main content.

You may want to link your logo to your home page. Also some copyright notice / footer text would wrap up your site somehow.

I don't very much like the current menu effect - the text is white and becomes quite unreadable..

That's from me..Good luck!

Chi
chiara

Thank you

Postby Denise6714 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:03 am

Thank you for your feedback - I made the changes you suggested. I agreed with the scrolling being distracting and I just hadn't gotten around to getting the copyright info on the pages. But it is done now. Not sure how to change the menus from turning white - Have to look into that because it annoys me too.
I have learned so much. It has been fun working on this site and look forward to much success with it.
Denise6714

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:32 am

Great concept, Denise!

The first thing that I noticed is your headline at the top of the page. Without reading anything else, this is where the eye looks to figure out what a website (or page) is all about. You want to grab their attention, and lead them into your 'copy' - giving them a reason to read all of the text on your web page.

Since I dont yet know what a "swap" is, the "First Swap" headline is confusing. I would move that down (still bolded, and use it as a sub-headline or call-to-action) and put a more descriptive headline at the top of the page.

Perhaps something like this:

Sample Swapping Is Fun & Easy!
Grow Your Business By Joining In...

Not perfect, but something to work with perhaps. Your thoughts?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Denise6714 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:58 pm

I love it! And already made the changes...
I've had a great response to this concept, and look forward to getting an even greater response now that people will "know" what it is about just by reading the 1st sentence of my home page. Thank you, Lynn for taking the time, it is much appreciated.
Denise6714

Return to Website Reviews