[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please Review My Passion Website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please Review My Passion Website

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Please Review My Passion Website

Postby PassionGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi there....

I would love any feedback review of my site,
my target audience is internet beginner's any
suggestion for improvements such as:

Does it load too slow?
Is my color scheme too much?
Rate my over all home page appearance?
Is my domains name catchy or need updating?

Here my site ==> http://www.PassionDetective.com

Thanks a million,

Eugene Mills
PassionGuy

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi Eugene,

"Be careful what you wish for..."

Your site loaded quickly for me (DSL). But it's a bit too big... the right margin disappears off my monitor screen for some reason.

I think your header is rather plain.

You need a good proofreader... I noticed several mistakes just in the first couple of paragraphs on your home page.

I like your domain name, tag line, and the IDEA of helping people find their passion... but I don't think your site succeeds in doing that. I was expecting to see the majority of your content be related to the theme of the site name... helping people find their passion. But instead I found the vast majority of your content to be little more than pitches for affiliate products.

I personally prefer sites that put a priority on offering quality content first and most... with a FEW affiliate links here and there being OK.

I like your idea of having a Community Page.

Overall Eugene, I think if you add more content about your niche topic and cut back on all the affiliate links, your site has good potential!
Bonnie Lowe

Postby DesigningLife » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi Eugene,

I agree with Bonnie's observations and would just like to add that I also think you have potential.

The key will be narrowing and focusing on the main theme of your site. The top third of the page is so important as a "selling area". It is the area that surfers will quickly scan and make a split second decision on whether they will move on or stick around and read for a minute. They need to see and understand exactly what they will gain from your site - what it is about, etc.

I am reminded a little of my early eagerness to get a website out - I always have trouble focusing on one idea and had thought that providing an all-inclusive site would provide people with everything they want all in one place and they would never move on. I also signed up for so many affiliate programs that I didn't do any of them justice and earned nothing.

Good luck! :) You're in the right place for some very solid advice from some incredible pros!! (me excluded - I am here learning as well ;) )
DesigningLife

Postby PassionGuy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Excellent advice Bonnie and DesigningLife,

I agree with you my header needs work, and i do need to
proof read, add more content, less affiliates links, and finally
narrow my focus on my main theme.

I will make those changes then some asap.

Now that i think about, i see some of same mistakes on other
websites. Hopefully other website owners will benefit from
your review of my site.

Thank again for your very valuable input.
PassionGuy

Postby john925 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:54 pm

john925

Return to Website Reviews