[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Your thoughts please • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Your thoughts please

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Your thoughts please

Postby Dave W » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Ideas for this site. Thanks
Dave W

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi Dave,

I noticed you are running Adsense at the top of the page, on a site where you are selling products. I am curious how well the Adsense performs, and whether you feel that is affecting sales on your site.

I have a product-based site as well, and sometimes I run Adsense on it (mainly in off seasons), but I find the site converts much better without the Adsense - for obvious reasons.

I do think that the fonts need to be more consistent, and categories and headlines throughout the site should be bolded, to direct the viewers eyes as they scan the page.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Dave W » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:34 pm

Dave W

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:02 pm

I would start by removing the Adsense at the top of the pages (below the header graphic) and leave the rest for now. Also putting more emphasis on the products, and see if that helps in regards to making sales with your product listings.

I am honestly not sure about the Adwords/Adsense issue - as I'm not entirely understanding the issue. Did they stop displaying ads on your site, or shut down your Adwords ads for that one site only - or what exactly?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

In my humble opinion...

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:27 pm

Dave

In my humble opinion...

I would remove the Adsense, as it can distract from your sales message on the home page. You can lose valuable visitor count this way.

Unless that is one of your main objectives with this site (earning Adsense income).

Now, back to the sales message. Put more emphasis on a headline and a touch of sales copy (200 - 400 words should do it).

The headline should "catch the attention" of those visiting your site. Color choice is important, as well as the words you use to gain attention.

The body copy (sales copy) below the headline needs to reinforce the benefits of your map site vs. all the others.

Notice the word benefits...do not use features here...

In other words, how do I as a visitor benefit from your product and visiting your site? What does it offer me? How does what it offers me give me a reason to buy again, and again, and again...and refer others to your site (word of mouth marketing is something most online marketers miss).

Hope that gives you some tips.

Check out my offer in the SSWT Special Offers section of this forum if you would like to consider enlisting a copywriter for your site.

Or, you can visit me on the web at http://www.dynamicwebcopy.com if you would like.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Return to Website Reviews