[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please take a look... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please take a look...

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Please take a look...

Postby Heather » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:32 pm

I'm pretty new to making websites (this is my second attempt in as many years). Your comments and suggestions would be very helpful to me. I've made the site but now am not sure that I like it.

Is it to broad? My initial thought was to make it big with things that feed off each other for me and many WAHM's. Should I instead make a bunch of little sites with specific topics.

Does it look messy and how can I clean it up? I know it's important to have a lot of content, but does posting big article make it harder to manage?

Any other thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,
Heather

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:57 am

Hi Heather,

I like the clean, simple layout - very nice. It makes for easy reading of the content ;) . On my monitor though, the right sidebar is pushed way down below the fold. I think this is due to the banners you used in a couple of your posts in the content area - they are too wide for that column, and are messing up your template. You could make the template (or content area) wider to fix that...

I am using IE 6, 1024x768 res on a 17" monitor.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:06 am

So I messed around with the sidebar yesterday and hope I fixed it.

I couldn't duplicate the problem on my screen. Is it still doing it? On what pages?

Thanks,
Heather

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:21 pm

No, its still doing that on the main page, and on any individual page where you have a 468x60 sized banner in the content area. You will have to increase the size of the template, or replace those images with smaller ones.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Website Reviews