[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need some feedback on my doodlekit website and web layouts… • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need some feedback on my doodlekit website and web layouts…

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need some feedback on my doodlekit website and web layouts…

Postby heath_at_db » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:27 pm

Hello everyone,

My partner and I are just rolling out our product and we wanted to get some feed back about how the site looks and feels.

The product website: http://doodlekit.com
Our company website: http://doodlebit.com

It’s a really cool product that allows you to create your own website within minutes and be able to edit it and update it online.

My main reason for posting this is to get feedback on our two main sites. However, since I have to create layouts (lots of layouts!) I wouldn’t mind getting some feedback on them. They are located here:

http://doodlekit.com/album/album/2

Keep in mind that we have certain limitations to all our designs because everything is dynamic. People can name their menus really long, they may or may not use sub-menus, they can hide the sidebar, etc. Its kina complicated to explain all the limitations, but I think you get the idea.

I know the HTML is not completely HTML compliant… there are only few little things to fix there… I’ll get on it!

Thanks in advance!
heath_at_db

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:09 am

Hi Heath & Welcome :D

I love the look and feel of both websites - very nice, easy to read. The only thing that I noticed was on DoodleKit.com... there is no call to action! All of the links in the left nav take you back to the main page (which you are on to begin with)...

You also link back to the main page throughout the content area. The headlines do contains links (though that may not be obvious to your target market)... and all of those go to the same page, instead of to specific pages about that particular option.

I would imagine that your target market might not be so web savvy, so you will want to make the call-to-action obvious and the links very deliberate.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby heath_at_db » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:02 pm

Lynn,

Thanks for the input! I implemented all the changes you suggested... good stuff! Take a look at it when you get a chance...
heath_at_db

Return to Website Reviews