[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Review Site: SimplySearch4it! - Redesigned • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Review Site: SimplySearch4it! - Redesigned

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Review Site: SimplySearch4it! - Redesigned

Postby john925 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:11 am

Hi,

I have only done a total re-design of my http://www.simplysearch4it.com which has been online for about 4 years now.

Could you please comment on the re-design. Bad and good comments are welcome.

Could you please also comment on the , , and sections of the site aswell. These are the homepages of the sub domains on the site.

I hope you like the new design. I think it is much more professional than the old design, but would like your opinions.

Thanks!
john925

Site looks great

Postby mindy1978 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi John:

I didn't see the site before so I don't have that to compare it too. I went through the site including the games, web directory, article directory and shopping directory. I couldn't find anything that I would change.

The website is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I love the way that the search box changes as you view each directory.

My only question was, Can people submit listings to all of your directories or just the Article Directory? I didn't see a way to submit to the shopping, web or game directory.

Overall, I think you have done a great job!

Mindy
mindy1978

Postby john925 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:55 pm

Yes, people can only submit articles to the articles directory. I do not allow any submissions to the shopping or games directory, but are looking into getting new submissions to the web directory in the future.

At the moment I am working on a new way to display links in the web directory, which will need a total rebuild of the scripts to show the listings, but the design will say practically the same.

When this will be finished I don't know, but at the moment I have more important things to deal with on the site so I have now put this aside. So it could take until next year sometime before I activate web directory submissions again.

Also, I may include game submissions in the future. I can't see me ever allow shopping directory submissions though. I prefer to find and collect them myself by finding good reputable companies that are trustworthy.
john925

Postby business opportunities » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:23 pm

I very much like the bigger text on the page - a much easier read. Are you using a premade script or is it something that you have done yourself?
business opportunities

Postby john925 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:01 pm

All of the design and scripts are written by myself. Not one bit of the site's design, templates or scripts are off the shelve.

Everything has been designed and handcoded in notepad.

I have not even used dreamweaver or any other software.

I have just used notepad and coded it.

Whoops, tell I lie, I used paintshop pro so that I could creat the images and logo.

I prefered to do all of the design and scripts myself as it is harder for a hacker, plus it is more unique to other sites are there are alot of similar sites out there, plus when every something goes wrong, I can easily root out the problem straight away as I know how every little bit of code on the site functions.

All these scripts has taken about 3 - 4 years to produce. The site has been online for around 4 - 5 years so far and will be online for much longer to come.
john925

Return to Website Reviews