This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Microsoft Mania (Grrrr!!)

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Microsoft Mania (Grrrr!!)

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:13 pm

I have IE 7. Yes, I know... I should switch to Firefox and plan to do that soon, but in the meantime I could use some help.

My home page is set to iGoogle... has been for a long time. About 2 weeks ago, this started: when I launch IE, instead of going to my iGoogle page, IE takes me to Microsoft's page ("Get it now" -- pitching IE 8 (beta)). There's no "Urgent update required" or any other message about why they're forcing me to view this page.

I checked my settings and everything still shows iGoogle is set for my browser start-up home page, so Microsoft is overriding my settings.

I've been just swearing under my breath and then clicking on "Home" to get to my iGoogle page, thinking this was a temporary thing during a Microsoft launch of IE 8 or something. But it's starting to drive me crazy.

So... I tried to find out from Microsoft how to get them to leave me and my computer settings the hell alone. It seemed like such a simple idea... click on their "Contact Us" button, put my question in the form and hit submit. Yeah, right. I don't think they know the meaning of customer service. Have you ever tried to use the "Contact Us" feature on Microsoft's website? Grrrrr! What a pain in the butt! When I finally got to where I might be able to submit a question, I saw that they want to charge me $59!!! :evil:

Sorry about the rant. But if anyone knows how I can circumvent evil Microsoft's taking over my browser home page, please let me know.

Thanks!
Bonnie Lowe

Return to Coffee Break!