[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Space---The Final Frontier • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Space---The Final Frontier

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Space---The Final Frontier

Postby robert adams » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:05 am

Well, I was a teenager when man landed on the moon. I grew up reading sci-fi etc. I assumed ( when I was young ) that space travel and sci-fi would really be a part of my future.

As the years have gone by and the interest in space travel has waned, I have been disappointed.

Until last night.

About 10:30 PM, CDT my whole house started shaking and a great roar and rumble started up. I jumped up away from my computer and ran outside.

Several miles away on the horizon was a huge bright spot. There were clouds of smoke billowing away from the center. This continued for several minutes , then the bright lite just went away instantly. The very loud roar and rumbling continued for several minutes afterwards and then it too stopped just as suddenly as it started.

The smell of something burning had already reached me but there was no sign of flames or anything else.

We all stood around in shock, not knowing what had just happened. I came back in the house, turned on the tv and went to the local news sites online. Nothing.

Finally, at about 11:30 PM, the local news came on with a bulletin. , a local company about 15 miles away from where I live was doing rocket tests.
here is the video of that local test.
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/34944814.html

So, after all these years, space ships have finally become a part of my everyday life.
I am content now. ( except for the fact that all the noise scared my dog and he ran off and I haven't seen him since. Oh well, I was tired of chasing that stick trying to show him how it was done anyway. )

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Marc Meole » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:47 am

now if we could only really land a man on the moon : )
Marc Meole

Postby robert adams » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:56 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Marc Meole » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:54 am

Marc Meole

Postby Ohioquotes » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Live long and prosper!
Ohioquotes

Return to Coffee Break!