[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Movies • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Movies

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Movies

Postby alexc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:49 pm

alexc

Postby alexc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:04 pm

alexc

Postby alexc » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:03 am

alexc

Postby karynsolo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:02 am

My all time favorites are :

Dirty Dancing
Ultimate Gift
Vitus
The Notebook
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Fast and Furious Collection
Indiana Jones collection
Chocolat
Baby Geniuses
Crocodile Dundee ( all of them)
The list goes on and on.....
karynsolo

Postby alexc » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:49 pm

alexc

Postby alexc » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 pm

alexc

Postby alexc » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:34 pm

alexc

Postby alexc » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:48 am

I recently got to go see Tropic Thunder and I have to say that the movie was significantly better than I was expecting it to be. Directed by and starring Ben Stiller, who I absolutely detest in most movies, I had very low expectations for this film.

The movie is full of filth and jokes done in really bad taste, so just a heads up, it isn't family friendly.

The movie is about making a movie based on a book about the Vietnam War. The actors are all unable to work together to complete the film, so they are dropped into the middle of a jungle where they encounter real life hostile forces. Hilarity and crass comedy ensues.

While certainly not for everyone, if you are able to deal with foul language and rude humor, there is a lot of funny to be had with Tropic Thunder.
alexc

Postby auntiej » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:45 pm

Yes I am a big movie fan. I love the horror genre! The scarier the better. I enjoy going to the drive in. I have always loved the drive in since I was a small child.
auntiej

Postby valg » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:39 pm

I just watched an expected one I liked called Fever Pitch. It's probably a bit older and stars Drew Barrymore. It's a romantic comedy and had not heard a think about it. I laughed a LOT through out, and it really surprised me that I had not heard anything about this one.
valg

Postby alexc » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 pm

Well I've been on vacation for a little more than a week, so I haven't really had much time to watch movies, although I did manage to catch a classic Michael J. Fox movie, The Secret of My Success.

In it, Fox plays a kid who goes to New York to find his fortune on Wall Street. Unable to find a job, he eventually goes to his uncle and ends up working in the mail room. From there he fakes a position in the company and eventually proves his business acumen.

Overall a pretty funny movie, but the late 80's nostalgia isn't something that I look back on fondly.
alexc

Postby alexc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:55 pm

alexc

Postby alexc » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:05 am

Wow, it has been a while since I talked about my favorite movies. I just recently saw the new Incredible Hulk movie and have to say that it was a very well done action flick. I have a friend who worked on the film doing special effects and graphics work, and even though the movie itself is a fairly run of the mill action movie, the effects in it are incredible (get it?)
alexc

Postby alexc » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Time for another reach into my vault of favorite childhood movies. It has been a while since I watched Back to the Future, and I figured that my son is getting old enough to really get a kick out of most of the jokes and story.

As it turns out, we loved watching the movie together and I had to go out and buy the whole trilogy so we could watch them as a family.
alexc

Postby alexc » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:44 pm

So I really love going to the movies, and most of the time quite enjoy them, even when they aren't that great. But every once in a while I stumble upon a movie that even I can't enjoy. When that happens I feel it is my civic duty to warn others.

This time, I'm warning you all to stay far, far away from Burn After Reading. It was just a horrible story, with horrible characters doing horrible things. I do not recommend this movie to anyone, not even fans of the Coen Brothers. The cast is great, but beyond that I found little redeeming in this film.
alexc

Next

Return to Coffee Break!