[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Music • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Music

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby alexc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 pm

So yesterday TV on the Radio released their new album Dear Science, (yes the comma is a part of the title.) and it is a stellar album. You can listen to a couple of tracks at http://www.tvontheradio.com/default.aspx. But these two tracks are barely scratching the surface of the greatness that is Dear Science, and I can't recommend enough that you check out this album. Great complex song structures, very jazzy tempos and tempo changes, and some really great material.
alexc

Postby alexc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:41 pm

The Decemberists are a very unique band out of Portland, Oregon. They mix modern pop song asthetics with unconventional instruments such as the organ, harpsichord, accordian and upright bass.

One of the things I love most about the band though is their story telling. Most of their songs are full tales with a decent story and characters and plot. It really is quite fun to listen to the tales they sing like bards of old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaNV7eCU2R0
alexc

Postby alexc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Well, it surprises me that I have never brought up the Arcade Fire in my discussion here. The Arcade Fire are a group out of Montreal, Canada. They have a fairly straight forward musical styling, but add a lot of depth to their melodies. They are also widely known for their live performances such as this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjxef8AfVQg
alexc

Postby JimmyDave » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:29 am

The softness in music of Arcade Fire has always been attracting me. Giving different look every time with passions. They are all times my favorite.
JimmyDave

Previous

Return to Coffee Break!