[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The Olympics! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Olympics!

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

The Olympics!

Postby alexc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 pm

Anyone else excited to watch the Olympics this week? I can't wait to see the Judo, Taekwondo, Fencing, Archery and Swimming events. I have at one point or another practiced or or participated in all of these sports myself and I love to see the best competitors in the world performing at peak capacity. Anyone else excited?
alexc

Postby alexc » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:09 pm

alexc

Postby alexc » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:47 pm

alexc

Postby urban » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:11 pm

urban

Postby karynsolo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 pm

karynsolo

Postby alexc » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:56 pm

I'm just up to the torch lighting ceremony right this moment. It is okay, pretty slow in my opinion, but the fireworks display is spectacular, which I think is to be expected. I still say that the Athens games where they lit the torch with an arrow was the best yet.
alexc

Postby robert adams » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:54 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby valg » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:05 pm

valg

Postby alexc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:34 pm

alexc

Postby robert adams » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 am

first, it was Barcelona with the arrow lighting the torch.

also, I did a little research and it seems to be a consensus that the arrow did not actually lite the torch but rather, missed it by a lot ( camera angles you know.)

anyway, it was a great bit, and much better looking than the guy supposedly walking around the top of the stadium in china.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:27 pm

Well, actually I was thinking about the archer in Athens firing into the reflecting pool and the Olympic rings rising fire. I suppose that it wasn't actually the torch that was lit with the arrow, I was just mixing up Barcelona and Athens. Sorry about the confusion :)

Again, this is all secondary to the current games anyway. As of now the US still leads the over all standings with 22 total medals, but China has 13 Gold, and the US only 7.
alexc

Postby angienewton » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:11 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:01 pm

alexc

Postby auntiej » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:08 pm

I like to watch the swimming it is my favorite event. I also like to watch the track events. I love the leg muscles. :lol:
auntiej

Return to Coffee Break!