[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Forum Addiction: Are You An Addict? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Forum Addiction: Are You An Addict?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Forum Addiction: Are You An Addict?

Postby Dale King » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 am

Definition of addiction: The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.

Forums are a great way to market your business, and interact with like-minded individuals. On average, I spend about 20 minutes per day on forums. I zip in, make my post(s) and zip right out again. Why so fast? Because I've got a business to run, and I've got plenty of work to keep me busy all day and half the night. However, I know of several individuals who spend 8 hours per day or more on forums. Their explanation is they enjoy the community of forums, meeting new people and basically just hanging out.

I'm not a pyschiatrist, but in my opinion, if you're spending 8 hours per day on forums, unless you're the forum owner or a moderator, you're addicted. Not only that, if you're spending that many hours per day on forums, how are you getting any work done? How are you running your business?

So here's my question: How much time do you spend on forums each day?

As always, I welcome your comments and/or feedback.

Dale King
Dale King

Postby poolswimmer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:57 pm

I don't spend a whole lot of time on forums. Most of the time many aren't active enough to be worth spending a lot of time on, except for occasional "hit-and-run" reply binges. I prefer blog comments, but those get nasty real quick.
poolswimmer

Postby TorontoCarol » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:03 pm

I have two or three forums that I try to get to almost every day, so the number of new posts isn't overwhelming.

I log-in, look for any posts since my last visit and quickly skim the titles to see if I need to read them. I answer when applicable or ask a question when I have one, so I maybe take half an hour tops on forums.

If you ask if I'm addicted to email, that's another story. I was in Mexico last week and could only check email once all week for less than half an hour. That was torture!
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby cooluks » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 am

I do posts on forums everyday..

Bunch of forums... I make some contributions...
cooluks

Postby Mirit Reif » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:04 am

Not so addicted, I'm like poolswimmer, I try to scan every other day, and see if there is something I can comment on.
Mirit Reif

Postby cheaputils » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:57 am

As a forum administrator, I have no choice. I spend a good deal of time logged onto and enjoy every minute.
cheaputils

Postby jeana900 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:33 pm

I have about 3 or 4 forums I try to check on and comment to on a daily basis. I spend no where the amount of time you have showed here. Hours in a forum would wear me out and I would get nothing done.

Blessings,
Beryl
jeana900

Postby Daniel McGonagle » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:14 am

I'm like torontocarol
in that I frequent a few every day, especially in morning itme when I'm trying to get going.

To me it's almost like taking my IM pulse before getting down to the dirty work of building my business more...

So, to answer question, nope not addicted, but I can see how easy it is for people to want to spend time chatting on forums and instant message chat preograms instead of doing the grunt work necessary to build their business.

My goal is to come to forums and help people out, comment on interesting things like your post here, and take my IM pulse.

Then its back to work

Thanks,

Dan
Daniel McGonagle

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:57 pm

I invest about 20 - 30 minutes on forums about 3 times a week.

There is a plan behind it. I think that is the most important part...a plan behind your "forum surfing".

Why are you surfing the forum today? ;)
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Return to Coffee Break!