[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is The Internet More Popular Than Television? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is The Internet More Popular Than Television?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Is The Internet More Popular Than Television?

Postby Dale King » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:39 am

According to a new study by IDC, consumers spend twice as much time using the internet as watching television. http://xrl.us/bgqbh

But does that really mean that the internet is twice as popular as television? Apparently so. I had never really thought about it before, but you do you see a lot more people carrying around laptops than portable televisions. And because of the nature of my business, I personally spend considerably more time on the internet than watching television - and so does nearly everyone else I know. So the internet gets my vote.

What about you? Do you spend more time on the internet or watching television?

Dale King
Dale King

Postby Mommyland » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:35 am

It makes sense to me. For me personally the computer is on the same amount of time the tv is. But then again its mainly for background noise.

I use the internet for 99% of my news gathering it makes it easier then having to wait till 5 or 11 to see it. I get email reminders from the local news channels with what is breaking in out area.

Plus the internet is more interactive which to me makes it more addictive
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:54 pm

t e l e v i s i o n ?
what the heck is that?

but seriously folks,

I spend way more time online than I do watching TV these days.

However, I binge. I will not even turn on the TV for weeks, then I will rent and watch 3 or 4 movies a day for a week.

I no longer have cable, so all I get on TV are the local channels and the three major networks.
( hmmmm... three major networks, that simply is not true anymore is it? there are many more than three major networks these days. )

I do NOT , use the internet for new gathering, etc.
I do NOT use TV for new gathering etc.

I don't rarely watch the news. What is the point?

The local news simply tells me several times a day, that I live in a dangerous city where people are getting killed and robbed and raped all the time.

Why do I need to know all the gory details about all that?

Why don't they tell me about the great group of kids that spend their time cleaning up a local park, or helping out others?

That type of thing happens everyday, in every city and town.
But all we get to see on the news is all the mayhem around us.

As much as I hate to hear about high school football, at least it will override some of the horror news storied during the fall.
( gonna get burned for that one, but I really doubt that there is enough of the public that cares about high school football to warrant THAT much coverage.....)

boy, I am really in a ranting mood today, maybe I should start posting at one of my blogs that I never visit.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby poolswimmer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:54 pm

I think I watch TV about as much as the internet. Sometimes shows just look better on a big screen, and huge-screen monitors are just too expensive (using TV as monitor doesn't count).
poolswimmer

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm

It is quite funny to come by this topic today, actually. I am an avid "Days of Our Lives" soap opera fan. It is the only one I watch but I have been watching it for over 20 years.
Lately I have been spending so much time online that even if I have the TV on all day, I often forget what time it is and miss half the show!!(it's ok, my son doesn't mind that he gets to watch more Bob the Builder and Big Comfy Couch.)
So, yes I traded hours of tv for hours of internet. At least I feel more productive with the hours I spend on the the internet.
mellymom3

Postby cooluks » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:39 am

Internet for me since I can connect TV card on my PC. I can watch TV shows on PC and browse the web for lots of informations
cooluks

Return to Coffee Break!