[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I need your opinions ladies! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I need your opinions ladies!

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby nicole.s » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Donating is great and all, but when it comes to old footwear, only gently used is acceptable. So I took my 15!!!years :oops: old leather boots off after wearing them a last time and than they went straight into the garbage:

Those boots looked like stovepipes :lol:

I am a big donator, but sometimes there are things that should just be put out of their misery. And old boots are those things. I think those 15yrs old boots belong to the "yucky garbage" -category of old footwear. Ewwwwww ...alone the straightness of the upper boot and the old uncomfortable heels :shock: . I am not a throw awayer, maybe a stupid question:
I am right in my judgement about those 15 years old leather boots? Donation items or yucky garbage?
nicole.s

Postby rachael » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:23 pm

What is a great way to judge is think about donating stuff, would they accept it? But I agree that if the boot are 15 years old, they are trash. I am totally for donating and recycling. I belong to freecycle.com where you share your used stuff with other people for free. But even if those boots were in great shape, 15 year old ...still regular/burnable household trash.
New here, but I am sure that many of you agree with me :lol:
rachael

Postby robert adams » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:55 pm

somebody please tell this to my MOM.

she has shoes and boots that she has not even seen in 15 years and will not get rid of them.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:02 pm

The way I judge what I donate and what I throw away is by the following criteria:

1. If I were running a thrift store would the item be something I would put out on my shelf for sale?

2. Is the item in good enough shape that someone , somewhere could make good use of it? or is it in good enough shape that it could easily be rehabbed?

3. If I were walking a thrift store would the item be something I would purchase myself?

IF the answer is no, in the trash pile it goes, if the answer is yes I donate it.
karynsolo

Postby rachael » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:46 pm

rachael

Postby Mirit Reif » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:07 am

I completely agree with Rachael- 15 year old boots go to the bin! :wink:
Mirit Reif

Postby karynsolo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:49 pm

The only exception to the throw it out rule is cowboy or cowgirl boots, they make GREAT planters, all you do is cut a hole out of the top of the boot and block off the bottom except by that hole with something stiff, fill the hole with potting soil and then plant some flowers.

They look GREAT out on a patio or in the corner of a home. The older the boot the more class the potter has.
karynsolo

Postby nicole.s » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 pm

nicole.s

Postby Learning » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Learning
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:31 pm

MommyEnterprises

Return to Coffee Break!