[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do You Work With Family Members? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do You Work With Family Members?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Do You Work With Family Members?

Postby Dale King » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:50 am

For years, I resisted hiring family members to work in my various businesses, because I'd heard the horror stories about working with your family.

Well last year, I finally gave in and hired my sister to do my books, and I couldn't be happier. She's a conscientious and hard worker and we get along beautifully.

What about you? Do you or have you ever worked with members of your family? How did it work out?

Dale King
Dale King

Postby Maggie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:52 am

Hi, Dale - interesting question.

Well, we run a small coffee shop and, as a wee infant, my nephew would visit during the school holidays. He was desperate to work and earn money - so, we gradually gave in and let him work. For years, he would be conscientious, hard-working and an inspiration.

Now that he's left school, he seems to have lost his "hunger" (for the moment, anyway) and now he's searching around for a career to follow. I'm sure he'll get there, but I think his parents are a bit anxious ....

Strange how things work out.

Margaret
Maggie

Postby snappedfader » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:55 pm

yeah from my experience working with family has usually worked out well. good luck to you
snappedfader

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:53 pm

No ...

My family and friends still cannot figure just what it is that I actually do! Image

But they ARE supportive! So, it's ALL kewl!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby dv572 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:25 pm

Same here, my family and friends don't know what I do.

Lol When I tried to describe what I do to my friends in simple details, I get responses like "what?" or "Ah I see, so your working at, erm what?" or "dude I have no idea what you've just said" LOL

Specially my parents, but they support me so everything is good.
dv572

Yes and No

Postby underwoodonline » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:50 pm

underwoodonline

Postby jetlady » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:27 am

It depends on your relationship with your family. If you have a close one, why not? Family is always best.

But if we're talking about expertise maybe you would consider hiring other people if they are the best candidate for the job, not only because their are your kin. Businesses are about results, not about sanguinity, although you may have both.
jetlady

Return to Coffee Break!