[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What games do you play with your cat • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What games do you play with your cat

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What games do you play with your cat

Postby dltart » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:26 pm

dltart

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Hey Dawn,
Seriously, cats can entertain themselves for hours with a balled up paper towel, but I usually play peekaboo with my Little Tiger. Some days we play the cat version of fetch, I throw a ball and she plays with it until she feels like rolling it back to me (usually 5 minutes later).

When she was a kitten, I tied a ball to a doorknob and she would paw and play with it for hours. She loved that...but going on 6 years old (gosh, how the time flies) she's a little over that game now.

That's pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head.

How old are your cats?

~ Teli
theuniek1

Cat Games

Postby dltart » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Greetings Teli,

I have 9 cats, 3 females and 6 males. As for their ages, they came to me as strays or a cat that has been passed along. Some of my cats I have had for about 12 years.

The femals are: Nyssa, Sun Dance, and Dog Food

The males are: Casper, Pounce, Spook, Salem, Reggie, and Car Bait.

I let my cats sleep with me too.

Cheers
Dawn
dltart

Postby WAHumor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:07 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Michael b » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:30 pm

9 cats? wow thats too much animal for me. lol. My cat dexter is great; he won't play with the darn expensive toys we bought him and the newest one he is deathly afraid of. Its a little toy with a bell on the end and he runs from it likes its going to kill him.

He plays of all things my wife's hair scrunchies... So we bought him about 60 of those. Go figure :)

I try to make at least a 20 minute period per day where I take time out to play with him. He still wants non stop attention though. In fact he just brought in another hair scrunchie.
Michael b

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:40 pm

Michael,
Have you tried giving Dexter a sock, or even underwear? For some strange reason, cats seem to like laundry.

Dawn,
You certainly seem to have yourself a nice big family :). Nine cats would probably be a bit much for me, considering I didn't even like cats to begin with.

Little Tiger was an accident. I kicked a soccer ball into some bushes and told my, then, boyfriend to bring it back and he came back with a kitten. She's been with me ever since and wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I'm thinking of getting her a younger sister or brother, but the way she acts around other cats...I'm thinking that's a bad idea.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Dan,
You have my condolences. I would hate to think about losing my fuzzy baby...

~ Teli
theuniek1

Cat Games

Postby dltart » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Also just wanted to say that the dream house I want to build won't really be for me, it will be mostly designed for my 4 legged ones. I will call this new house the Cat's Temple. THere is an author named Bob Walker and one of his books is called "The Cats House" . It's about building cat walk ways and overhead stuff. I'm going to have indoor cat fountains and all kinds of things for them. Yep I'm the crazy cat lady. I also want to set up a foundation so that when I die the house can go to the cats. I want to make sure they are totally taken care of if I should go before they do.

There is nothing like a cat
Dawn
dltart

Postby Michael b » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:27 pm

Teli,
No haven't tried to give him a sock although he's ran off with mine a few times. Hes crazy but I love him he keeps me entertained. aren't pets great? :)

Dan, sorry to hear of the loss as well I have lost a ton of pets now never makes it easy though.
Michael b

Re: What games do you play with your cat

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:30 am

CorpRebel

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 am

ROFL! Did you get that from ? There are quite a few hilarious pics at that site...er, like the (scroll down a bit to see a cat or the one - by the way, it's a toy). :D

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby Kirk » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:17 pm

I've got three cats I rescued - Mango, Sneakers and Mr. Sniggley. The rule on cat toys around our house is simple, if Petco sells it - our cats don't play with it...go figure.

The two favorites around here are, 1) a red laser presentation pointer shining on a wall (they go crazy chasing the light) and 2) the cap from a container of bottled water.

Everytime I crack open a bottle of Deer Park water, I just toss the cap on the kitchen floor and that's good for 2-3 hours of entertainment... ;)

In my next life, I'm definitely coming back as a cat ...
Kirk

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:17 pm

Willie, the 7-year-old tabby that allows my hubby and I to live with him, loves playing with rolled-up balls of tin foil and wine bottle corks.

He also loves watching "his" fish in our 80-gallon aquarium. The aquarium actually contains 33 fish, but "his" fish -- the ONLY one he shows any interest in -- is a (yep, you guessed it) CAT fish. Seriously, Willie will sit on his stool (yes, he has his own stool) in front of the aquarium for hours watching one fish wiggle its whiskers from inside a little log. It's his cat TV.

Willie also enjoys playing "ambush!" One of us will be walking through the living room, and suddenly a furry blur will streak out from behind a chair and swat at the nearest human leg.

If that leg is mine, it's a hit-and-run attack that does little damage. But if the leg is my husband's, it's a full-on assault that draws blood (not Willie's).

My hubby (before we were married) adopted and raised our little bundle of bossiness, and "taught" him to "fight." They wrestle and mess with each other all the time. Hubby has steel skin and doesn't mind all the scratches and bites.

I, on the other hand, being more sensitive to pain, had a "talk" with Willie after his first attack on ME. We came to an understanding, and he knows not to use his claws or teeth on me the way he does with my hubby.

Our version of "ambush" has actually evolved into "hide-and-seek." I'll start walking around the couch and see him head towards his ambush position, so I'll reverse direction and duck down. He'll come out and look around, wondering where I went. As he moves around the couch, I move just ahead of him, always out of sight. We both reverse directions... well, you get the idea... it can go on for a while... until I jump out and ambush HIM! :wink:

Oh, and this is neat... he puts his toys away. We'll be tossing a tin foil ball around with him, until he grows tired of it. Then he'll pick up his toy and take it to his "room" down the hall (a bathroom) and place it next to his food dish. When he's ready to play, he brings it out again. It's very funny... we'll go to bed at night with him still playing with 3 or 4 toys in the living room, and when we get up in the morning, they'll be neatly placed next to his dish. :D

Sheesh -- look at the length of this post! Sorry 'bout that! See what power cats have over us?!? :shock:
Bonnie Lowe

Return to Coffee Break!