[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Job Hunting - BLECH! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Job Hunting - BLECH!

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Job Hunting - BLECH!

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:59 pm

I'm back on the market. Icky poo! I left my job at the greenhouse (which I loved) right before Thanksgiving because I got fed up with the management situation, the broken promises, etc.

So I'm job hunting, and I could use some advice. I have a broad range of experience (retail, office admin, food and bev, customer service, web design) but no specialty in any one thing. My work experience doesn't really reveal my intellect, my ability to learn quickly, and my desire to learn new things.

I need a creative resume, because obviously the format I have now isn't cutting it. Advice on sprucing up my resume?

I've found a good basic cover letter -- which is great because I hate writing the darn things -- and the style of my resume is good. I just need some job hunting suggestions.

This is a bad time of year for me to job hunt because I get depressed from the lack of sunshine (SAD) and like to hibernate. I'm looking for an office/customer service position and will work out of my home if necessary. HELP!
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby womaninbiz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:50 am

womaninbiz

Postby americanwahm » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 am

Jennifer, this is a little off topic, but what do you do to compensate for the lack of sunshine? Aren't there some tricks to help?
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Steve MacLellan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:42 pm

I'm not Jennifer, and as far as I know I don't have SAD, but I had similar symptoms (I'm guessing) in the late 90's when I used to work for an employer. I was on night-shift for four years.

I went to the doctor because I was feeling worn-out, and tired all of the time.

She didn't prescribe anything because it is available over the counter. She told me to take Stresstabs and particularly the the high potency Vitamin B Complex.

This may seem a little odd. We mostly associate vitamin C with sunshine. I recall her explaining this to me in a logical manner, but don't recall the details.

Believe it or not, it helped a lot.

Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Steve MacLellan

Postby Cratima » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:49 am

I'm sure you know that you can save your CV in Microsoft Office as an .html file, and then you can post that file over the Internet.

Hope this helps.
Cratima

Return to Coffee Break!