[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What is your Home Page? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What is your Home Page?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What is your Home Page?

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:16 am

Yahoo.com offered users a to make them your home page. After posting this on my blog, one reader commented that it wasnt worth it to make Yahoo their home page.

So I'm curious: What is YOUR Home Page... and Why?

I am currently using My Yahoo as the home page on my laptop, which is customized with specific content. I have the basic Yahoo home page set up on my desktop, as I like to read the news headlines first thing in the morning.

Honestly the Yahoo Home Page takes too long to load (have I gotten spoiled or what?!) so I should probably set it as something else and then check Yahoo manually when I want to. But I'm an out of sight out of mind kind of gal... so I'd miss the news :P
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Hi Lynn!

I don't know why, but I still have my TrafficSwarm page as my home page. Been that way since TS started. Don't need the additional credits as I have tons already that come from the 1000+ downline in TS with no effort on my part. Image

I never stay on the homepage long anyway. But don't know what I'd change it to anyway so I just leave it. heh heh

Ciao!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
GO USC!
CorpRebel

Postby angelaaa » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:44 pm

angelaaa

Postby WAHumor » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:59 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angelaaa » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:00 pm

You can also sign up for special news alerts through google. Yahoo has the same thing.. When you sign up for news alerts you can do so with whatever keywords you think will work.

Angela :D
angelaaa

Postby stephfoster » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:09 pm

Customized Google page. Various website feeds and such that I like to keep up on.
stephfoster

Depends on the browser

Postby pmaior » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:22 pm

I have two, depending on the browser.

In IE I use porloschicos.com which donates money to starving children in Argentina with each click. Just reminds me to do it everyday. Only one click per day counts.

On Firefox it is Google, just cause it's where I start most often.
pmaior

Postby 90PercentAttitude » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:20 pm

I use Google, but with a different slant than some of you have mentioned.

The ability to customize the page increases MY linking exposure, etc. I have my own tops sites and blog feeds listed there, instead of news feeds from others. I click from there daily to all my sites, blogs, etc. It may seem like a little thing, but it's all these little things that add up to the entire pie with whipped cream and a cherry on top!

Have Fun & Fortune!
Stephanie

P.S. This works the same with Yahoo too, but as Angela said, the Google page is much easier to move things around, etc.
90PercentAttitude

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:33 pm

Plain ol Google for me because I use it every day and it's clutter free. :lol:
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby angelaaa » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:56 am

That's what I like about Google...

No clutter unless it's my clutter... lol

Angela :D
angelaaa

Return to Coffee Break!