[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - payment processors • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

payment processors

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

payment processors

Postby Phil Tanny » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi guys,

I'm starting a subscription service and am shopping for a subscription manager/payment processor.

I'm trying to learn what I can from the experience of others and would welcome and appreciate any advice any of you may have to offer.

Here are some vendors I've discovered so far:

A prominent player in this niche appears to CCBill:
http://businesscenter.ccbill.com/billing_services.html

Competitors are:
http://www.epochsystems.com/
http://www.ibill.com/
http://www.jettis.com/
https://www.gmbill.com/site/index.php

A poster in another forum has suggested Paypal as an alternative, so I'm off to investigate them.

If you're new to this, as I am, here's some
explanation of what these companies do.

Say you charged $10/month for access to your site.

These companies completely take over the process
of collecting the money, billing credit cards,
handing out passwords, managing who is authorized
to enter and who is not, answering billing questions
from customers, dealing with charge backs etc.

CCBill charges 14% of each transaction for this
and sends you a check every week for payments
in the previous week.

OK, now you know everything I know. :-)

If you know more than that and care to share I'm all ears.

Naturally I'm especially interested in reports from anyone who has used these vendors, but gossip and general opinion will also be helpful given how little I know.

Many thanks!
Phil Tanny

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:39 pm

Hi Phil,

At we use , integrated with PayPal and 2CheckOut. I prefer PayPal over 2CO, honestly - 2CO has been somewhat of a pain IMO.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Online Payment Processing