This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Shopping cart for WP beginner?

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Shopping cart for WP beginner?

Postby eskimo13 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:19 am

Hey everyone,

My lovely wife has started a personal blog. Complete beginner, but she has it up using her own domain and Wordpress. She makes handcrafted soaps, among other things, and wants to sell them on her blog site. She asked me about shopping carts, but I have no experience with them, so I went to the instructional videos provided by David Perdew looking for information and guidance.

I found a video for installing osCommerce using Fantastico. I have never heard of it before and am wondering if any of you have experience with that system? Can you review this shopping cart and/or suggest a different one, and why?

Thanks very much,
Quinn
eskimo13
Elite Member

Postby eskimo13 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Anyone have a suggestion here?

What's the easiest shopping cart solution for a beginner on WordPress, with only a few items for sale? Ideally the customer would be able to use their credit card or PayPal.

Thanks for your input,
Quinn
eskimo13
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 am

Hi Quinn - sorry, just now seeing this... I like the WP eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It works very well.

There is also the eShop plugin. I've used it only briefly, so can't really give a full review on this one.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Return to Online Payment Processing