This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to offer a free trial?

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How to offer a free trial?

Postby Alexander » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi
I'm want to give away my ebook for free for 7 days then bill them after trial is over. Which merchant account is allowed to do this?

2checkout, clickbank, 1shoppingcart?

Thanks
Alexander

Postby David Dutton » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Hey Alexander

I am 99% sure 1shoppingcard offers a free trial.

I lloked at clickbanks site but didn't see anything.

I know you can do free trials with paypal.

Many of my Internet Guru friends use a $1 trial
and it works very well.

What topic os your book on?

Dave
David Dutton
Elite Member

Re: How to offer a free trial?

Postby Regina » Tue May 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Alexander wrote:Hi
I'm want to give away my ebook for free for 7 days then bill them after trial is over. Which merchant account is allowed to do this? 2checkout, clickbank, 1shoppingcart?Thanks

Hi Alexander,

I don't think I'm understanding your question. You want to give away your ebook for free... then after 7 days you want to bill them after the trial is over...

** What are you billing them for after 7 days since you've given the ebook away (for example, what are they purchasing after that?)

Reason asking because I know 1shoppingcart will allow you to do that but not sure if clickbank will because it will depend on what the trial is actually for.
Regina
Elite Member

Postby topearn » Mon May 26, 2008 5:53 am

Yes, how can you bill them 7 days later after they have downloaded your ebook ? You can get them to setup payment after 7 days, but I'll but most of them will cancel before the 7 days is up.

I would suggest you let them download part of your ebook, say the 1st 3 chapters of your 12 chapter ebook. Then those who are happy with the contents of your ebook will pay you 7 days later; just tell them to pay to your Paypal account after 7 days, or anytime at their convenience if they would like the complete ebook.
topearn

Postby Regina » Mon May 26, 2008 4:24 pm

topearn wrote:I would suggest you let them download part of your ebook, say the 1st 3 chapters of your 12 chapter ebook. Then those who are happy with the contents of your ebook will pay you 7 days later...<snip>

I agree with Cody on this however, I wouldn't just tell them to pay me via paypal (like an 'honor' system.)

The option here is to set up a subscription payment where after 7 days, they are billed in whatever increments, for as long ... in a subscription per month until the price is satisifed.

Paypal has a tutorial that teaches you how to set up a subscription, 1 shopping and wahmcart cart does this as well (subscriptions) and there's a free trial to test it out. 8)
Regina
Elite Member

Return to Online Payment Processing