This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

pay pal account question

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:48 pm

CorpRebel wrote:I usually take those sites, like paypalsucks.com, with a grain of salt. Why? Cuz I'd be willing to bet a chunk of change that 95% of those posters actually did violate something in PayPal's TOS (Terms of Service).

I totally agree. A lot are people simply whining because they got caught doing something they knew they shouldn't have been doing.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Mirit Reif » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:13 am

I heard that PP freezes acounts quite frequently, also it has country restrictions. But on the other hand alot of people are happy with it. I would suggest not putting"all your eggs in one basket" and if you are an online seller, put a few payment options on your site... :wink:
Mirit Reif

Postby Jim Guinn » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:39 am

Mirit Reif wrote:I heard that PP freezes acounts quite frequently, also it has country restrictions. But on the other hand alot of people are happy with it. I would suggest not putting"all your eggs in one basket" and if you are an online seller, put a few payment options on your site... :wink:

Exactly! On my MoonShadows Farm site (in my sig) I offer PayPal, 2Checkout and "mail in" payments. I know some people love PayPal, some hate it, and some are still afraid to use a CC online.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Big problem with PayPal

Postby nar321 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 pm

Recently I had a problem with PayPal using the wrong credit card which caused Overdraft charges. There only response after repeated emails was that I must have back-linked or something to cause it to happen. I didn't and will be writing the Atty General over the matter. Also I now use anything but PayPal if I have the option. Also I have had for no spelled out reason the account locked(I have a individual account) several times and it always is reopened with nothing ever explained. Boo! PayPal(Just my opinion)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Mirit Reif » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:09 am

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that there a new revolutionary patent pending Payment Processing service for digital downloads, called OneTouch Online Purchasing™ .With OneTouch Online Purchasing™ people can purchase any digital content (such as music, ring tones, games, video clips, wallpapers), from anywhere on the web, via their computer or their mobile handset, and charge it to an existing account at their phone company, mobile operator, bank or Internet service provider of their choice. We have tried to design our service with the sellers needs in mind and therefore some of the advantages are that there are No country restrictions, No chargeback fees and No identity theft and therefore the seller benefits from significantly reduced financial risk and increased revenues. It is also very easy to install. Why not check it out? :wink:
Mirit Reif

Sounds Great

Postby nar321 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Off to check out your service, Hope it is everything you say it is.

Update: seems to be lt least at the moment to be for sellers only. Did send a email asking if or when they might be open to individuals.
nar321
Elite Member

Re: Sounds Great

Postby CorpRebel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:18 pm

nar321 wrote:Off to check out your service, Hope it is everything you say it is.

Update: seems to be lt least at the moment to be for sellers only. Did send a email asking if or when they might be open to individuals.

FWIW ...

Seems that it will take anywhere from 45 days to 6 months to receive payment. But they also says $200 min for payment or 6 months whichever comes first.

Doesn't sound so good right now. :roll:

From their site:

How do I get paid?

OneTouch sales payouts are made monthly via ACH (direct deposit) after the bank, phone company, mobile operator, Internet Service provider etc. collects from their subscribers, subject to each company's payment policy. You can receive payouts after accumulating more than $200 in net sales or donations, or after six months – whichever comes first.

http://www.onetouchpurchasing.com/faq.php

OR

What You Need To Know

Payment may take from 45 days to five months. This is because we follow standard procedures for the global telecom industry – which includes telephone and mobile companies. In the future, as we roll out our service to banks and others, we expect to reduce our payment cycles dramatically.

http://www.onetouchpurchasing.com/howItWorks1.php

So ... Which will be?

Average online marketer will most likely NOT be willing to wait up to 6 months for payment. I sure wouldn't! :P

But still is nice to see someone try to give competition to PayPal! :lol:

My 3 centz anyway ...

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

answers regarding OneTouch

Postby Mirit Reif » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:13 am

Hi,
Our payment processing service at the moment benefits mainly those sellers and buyers who cannot use PayPal for whatever reason- be it country restriction or credit challenges, and have no alternative options. OneTouch Online Purchasing™ has no country restrictions nor credit card limitation and so instead of losing out on a sale, OneTouch is a very good way of monetizing your website for those sales that otherwise would not be able to completed.

As for payments- you are right that the first payment may take a while to receive due to the procedures and cycles of each participating telco or bank. However, once you begin making sales with OneTouch, it becomes a regular monthly revenue stream that we facilitate on your behalf. Also as our service continues to expand and build more traction, we expect that we will be able to arrange shorter settlement cycles on your behalf.
Regarding the site- it is for sellers only, at the moment we are signing up merchants, a different site with different messages is due up shortly for the consumer. Nar321 said you sent me an email,I'm sorry but did not get one from you. I do hope I answered all the questions that have come up. :D
Mirit Reif

Postby Regina » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Paypal's Current Competition...

Prosper Lending did a few reviews on paypal's competitor, Revolution Money Exchange.

Revolution Money Exchange doesn't charge as many fees as paypal. It's free to join, to add cash, receive cash and withdraw funds to your bank account.

Notice: There are fees to withdraw money by check or to receive a paper statement.

Not sure if you were around when paypal went live and they gave the cash referral bonuses... well RME does the same thing... You can refer others and receive a $10 referral bonus.

http://snipurl.com/moneyexchange

Reviews:
http://snipurl.com/rmerev1
http://snipurl.com/rmerev2

If you are using RME, please post your comments here!

Thanks,
Regina
Elite Member

Re :

Postby lisa.ray » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi
The customer never leaves your site and they have the option of paying with credit card or their PayPal account which makes it so much more convenient for customers. Also with PayPal Pro you can accept payments via phone with the virtual terminal. I think PayPal Pro is much better for customers since some people don't want to go through PayPal to make payment....
lisa.ray

Previous

Return to Online Payment Processing