This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Photoshop Help

Have questions about Graphics or Graphics programs? Discuss header graphics, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, hiring graphic designers, editing photos and creating images.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Photoshop Help

Postby auction-enterprise » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:55 am

Hey

I'm making my new template for a new site and I'm stuck. I've done all the difficult bits but I can't fix this little problem!

www.auction-enterprise.com/images/pshelp.JPG

If you llook at the text "Home" it is in light green, even though I chose white. No matte what I do it wont go white. Plus, if I change it to black then it just changes the green to a darker shade. Can anyone help me with this, please?

James
auction-enterprise

Postby auction-enterprise » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:50 pm

I've worked out the problem but I can't work out how to fix it.

Each button is set to 85% opacity so you can see through it slightly and when I click where I want the text, the text goes under the button.

Does anyone know how to get the text so it goes on top of the button? I'm sure there's a really simple explanation.
auction-enterprise

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:29 am

In Photoshop, you are working with Layers. The text is a layer, and if you have your layer box open on the screen then you can see the order of the layers... and drag and drop the text layer to be on top of the other layer. If you dont have your layer box open on the screen (in your Photoshop workspace) then try going to View or Window and finding that option.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby George Busch » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 pm

Although not related to your question you also need to consider that colors look different on different computers and broswers.

Bright red on a mac often looks like muddy brown on a PC.
George Busch

Postby auction-enterprise » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:12 am

Thanks for your help. I didn't realise it was so simple that all I had to do was drag to the top. Could of saved a lot of time and effort if I'd given that a try in the first place.

Thanks
auction-enterprise

Return to Graphic Design