[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Real Images Next To AdSense Ads? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Real Images Next To AdSense Ads?

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Real Images Next To AdSense Ads?

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi All!

This morning I came across a free script by PHP programmer, Robert Plank, of fame.

It allows one to put "related" images next to or around your adsense ad units. Looks pretty kool so far.

It's at ==>

BUT ... I'm curious what you experienced adsense users think about using images next to the adsense ads and whether you think it's giving Google something else to think about (which they probably have anyway).

While I didn't see anything in their TOS (of course, in all that "fine print" I might have missed it :roll: ), I wonder if it might be a detriment to put images "too" close to the ads.

What do YOU think?

Thanx!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby Bina Omar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:25 pm

Hi Rick,

I remember reading about this a couple of months back but can't quite
remember where. Someone pointed out that Google was made aware of
this and has no problems with it.

A lot of people find it to increase their Adsense clicks. I find the format
used by Carmen on her blog (http://www.marketingchick.com/blog/)
to be particularly interesting.

I've been at her blog so many times and each time I have the urge to
click on her google ads below those images. Don't know why.

I, myself, have not tried this. So far, I've just weaved the ads into my
content.

The best way to go about this would be to track.

Let us know how this works out for you.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi Rick,

There's a really good thread on this, which I included in the issue of SSWT recently.

The thread is at Digital Point:
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=17104

Enjoy ;) :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:29 am

CorpRebel

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:24 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby dgridley » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:35 am

Sure, here's a link to an online template that will add images to your Adsense ad blocks code : http://www.marketingsyndrome.com/adsensetemplates/

BTW, I contacted Google directly about this very same thing and was assured images next to Adsense were "ok"...
dgridley

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:48 am

CorpRebel

Postby Kirk » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:47 am

Kirk

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options