[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - YPN Survey • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

YPN Survey

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

YPN Survey

Postby Hock Ng » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Hi everyone,

If you're a publisher with YPN (Yahoo Publishers Network), I'd like to ask you for a favor. Would you answer this quick 5-question survey that I have created? It's just for fun. I'll share the results when I have a few responses and it will give people and idea of where they stand compared to other webmasters.

The survey's at:

Thanks,
Hock
Hock Ng

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:56 am

Thanks, Hock... I took your survey and will be interested in seeing the results.

BTW, I hear MSN will soon be launching a service similar to Adwords and YPN. It'll be nice to have a few options for our advertising, huh?
Last edited by Bonnie Lowe on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:11 pm

Bonnie,

Thanks for taking the survey. I've posted some preliminary results at my . I've gotten more responses since then and will update the results soon.

MSN already has a beta test going for their PPC service and it's called MSN adCenter. I think you may have meant Yahoo Search Marketing (or what used to be Overture) instead of YPN in your post. So far, I haven't heard of any plans for MSN to have a publishers program like AdSense or YPN. That's not to say it's not in the works.

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:20 pm

Bonnie Lowe

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:03 pm

MSN adCenter is currently in beta and looks like it will launch this summer for the public. I was invited to be part of the beta test. So far, there's only the advertiser side but not the publisher side of things.

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:04 pm

Bonnie,

P.S. I didn't realize the Cookie Crazy site belonged to you (saw your sig). Congrats on winning the XSitePro award!!

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks for the clarification about the MSN service, Hock... I need to read things more carefully. :?

And thanks for the congrats!

Your survey results (so far) are quite surprising to me. I have one site running YPN on one page, but am embarassed to say I have not bothered to see how it's doing (shame on me!). I've seen one or two forum posts here and there where someone says YPN is outperforming Adsense... but most tend to say the opposite.

It's nice that you're adding meat to the debate with your survey! :D
Bonnie Lowe

More YPN Survey Results

Postby Hock Ng » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:11 am

Here are updated results from my YPN survey. I heard that YPN will launch for the general public sometime this summer. So if you didn't get an invitation for the beta, just be a little patient.

Here are the results from 44 respondents:

Q1. How much are you earning with YPN each month? Is it enough to …

buy a Happy Meal at McDonald’s? 13.6% 6
have a nice meal at a fancy restaurant? 6.8% 3
get an iPod video? 13.6% 6
buy that 22″ flat screen monitor you’ve always wanted? 18.2% 8
go on vacation in the Carribean? 11.4% 5
get a Toyota Camry? 9.1% 4
or a BMW 750i? 13.6% 6
YPN? What’s that? 13.6% 6 (Seriously?)

Q2. How many sites do you have YPN on?

just one. 39% 16
2-5 29.3% 12
6-10 7.3% 3
11-25 12.2% 5
more than 25! 12.2% 5
(3 people skipped this question)

Q3. Do you prefer YPN over AdSense?

Yup 57.1% 24
Nope 26.2% 11
I like both 16.7% 7
(2 people skipped this question)

Q4. Is YPN giving you better results than AdSense (in terms of earnings)?

Yup 69% 29
Nope 21.4% 9
About the same 9.5% 4

Q5. Did Yahoo send you a Christmas gift last year?

Yup 16.7% 7
Nope 83.3% 35
Total Respondents 42
Hock Ng

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options