[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need your comment on Adsense based content rich site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need your comment on Adsense based content rich site

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need your comment on Adsense based content rich site

Postby nuttymarketer » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:05 am

Hello Friends,

I am thinking of a making a Bunch of website which have only Adsense and cj.com affiliate to sell. Here what I am going to do. I know many have been using this method for years. But this is just for your comments.

I have collected and written Articles for this business plan. Now what I am going to make is make 35 to 40 website in one year time. The content would be provided by( major portion) thru free content providers and by Ghost writers. Each site would have Adsense ads and affiliates link only.
And after making 35-40 content rich website, I can consider of a return on my investestment.

Mind it, I will not do any sort of marketing for this business plan. This will rely heavily only on search engines to find itself and generate traffic.

As I have seen, a site start getting good traffic from a search engine after 8-10 months, I can consider a $10 revenue from each site. Now doing a little simple Maths here $10per day per site mean $400 per day. And
$12,000 per month. With over 8-10 months of work, thats is not Bad. After 40 sites are completed my job would be to keep addng more content and reciprocal links. And it would keep increasing.

I have talked about a lot on this in many Forum and I am getting positive response. What you guys say about this.

Arvind Kumar
nuttymarketer

Postby Kirk » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:30 am

This looks great on paper, but I can tell you from personal (and painful) experience that the real trick to making this work is your choice of topic and knowing how to drive traffic.

As Lynn and many others have pointed out repeatedly on these forums, picking a unprofitable topic is probably the biggest mistake you can make. The problem is really two-fold - finding a topic that can get ranked high enough in the search engines to get you some traffic and ensuring that the topic pays a decent comission by advertisers (Adsense or otherwise).

Adsense is problematic on numerous fronts - the competition is fierce and payouts can vary wildly. In looking at your business plan, I would expect a relatively low percentage of your income to be derived from Adsense - maybe only 15% to 20% - focus the majority of your effort on earning through affiliate sales (pay-per-sale programs).

Consider this:

.10 clicks from Adsense divided into $10/day is 100 visitors who actually click - with good placement, you can expect a CTR of approximately 8% - 10% - this means you'll need a flow of about 1000 visitors a day to meet your goal. That's gonna be tough with SEs alone.

Conversely, finding a good niche and a affiliate program that pays out well, you could easily hit $10 / day with a visitor flow of 100 / day (~1% conversion).

I've wasted a lot of time (and money) with Adsense and I truly think it's a bad cornerstone of any online business - it's a nice supplemental revenue stream, but the core of your revenue should be coming from pay-per-sale programs instead of pay-per-click ones.

One last piece of advice that someone gave me - do what everyone else isn't. I find it amazing that so many people start in this business and gravitate to promoting *internet marketing* affilate programs - that's just crazy...would you want to compete with Lynn or a 1000 other internet marketers who really know what they're doing??? You're doomed to failure - go find some markets where few others are playing - that's the ticket...

p.s. I would reconsider PPC as a traffic source - if you do it right, it can be a very cost effective way to drive traffic...

Okay, the morning rant is over ;)
Kirk

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 am

Kirk makes some good points. I'll add to that:

1) 35-40 sites is going to take a lot of work. Not just in building them, but in tweaking them to best conversions... and then in getting quality inbound links. The latter being the most time consuming.

And if Google catches on that you are building a network of junk sites for the purpose of generating Adsense revenue... they'll drop all of your sites anyway. So you want to take special care in using separate hosts, having GOOD content, and making sure your sites are actually useful to their searchers outside of the advertising on them.

2) Next to consider is this: If a niche is competitive, the Adsense payout will be higher. And if that is the case, it will be harder work to rank in that niche. On the flip side, if you choose a niche that is less competitive and it is very easy to rank well... the payout will be low (VERY low).

So in order for this method to work (SEO/Adsense), you will have to target competitive niches, and put in a lot of hours to get those sites ranking well. This would be a full time job with 5-10 sites... let alone 40 :shock:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:34 am

p.s. I moved your thread to the Affiliate Marketing category...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Casmer » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:37 pm

Hi Lynn,

From your experience how do you determine what niche market is profitable or going to be profitable?

Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:26 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options