[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Google AdSense or Yahoo! Ads? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Google AdSense or Yahoo! Ads?

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Google AdSense or Yahoo! Ads?

Postby Gerardas Norkus » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:18 am

Hi all,

I would like to hear your opinion on Yahoo! Publisher Network:

http://publisher.yahoo.com

It's currently in beta and accepting only US applicants.

This should be a great opportunity for those publishers who are not accepted to Google AdSense network.

If anyone uses Yahoo! Ads it would be interesting to hear how it compares to Google AdSense?

Thanks.
Gerardas Norkus

Postby stephfoster » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:51 pm

One area where AdSense really outdoes Publisher is that they typically match ads to your site sooner than Publisher does. On the site I'm testing with Publisher, it took a couple days. On the other hand, they don't use Public Service ads, they use regular ads when they don't know what your content is.

AdSense also pays sooner; net 30 versus net 45.

However, I understand that in some areas Publisher pays more, so it can be well worth the differences.
stephfoster

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:04 pm

I tried YPN out on one of my affiliate sites where Adsense was doing very well. Initially the payout seemed higher with YPN, but over time the CTR was much lower... and the ads were never truly relevant (resulting in the low CTR, obviously). Over 4 weeks after I added YPN to the site, it was showing ads that had nothing to do with the content on that page. I switched back to Adsense blocks, and they were immediately relevant... so I switched back permanently for that particular site.

Just my experience so far.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 am

YPN rocks! True, the targeting still needs work but when you find the right niches it can be very worthwhile. The key is to test, test, and test (and track) a variety of niches to find the ones that work for you.

BTW, I still love AdSense... but it doesn't hurt to diversify.

Hock
Hock Ng

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options