[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Adsense Income Nose Dives • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Adsense Income Nose Dives

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Adsense Up or Down This Month?

Up
14%
Down
71%
Same
14%

Total votes : 7

Adsense Income Nose Dives

Postby random » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:12 pm

What's up with adsense these days? Has anyone noticed a nose dive in profits this month? Comments from people in other forums seem to concur that income for November is down. I know someone's always up, but what about a concensus? Is it up or down for you?
random

Postby wyvern » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:59 pm

Hi Random,

So far in November, I'm running about the same as October both in clicks and money. Of course, I wish I were making more...but I can't blame it on AdSense.

Ken MacKenzie
wyvern

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:45 pm

My income has decreased this month and last month compared to all months I have used it.
MommyEnterprises

Postby stephfoster » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:49 pm

My CTR rate has plummeted just in this last week and a half. Going to have to figure out if there's anything I can do. Might be time to change which ad format I'm using and see if that helps.
stephfoster

Postby Hock Ng » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:59 am

I've always been a proponent of diversification. Don't rely on just AdSense. Start testing out other programs such as YPN, Chitika and Kontera. You don't want to be solely dependent on AdSense as something like this could happen.

There are a couple of scenarios that could account for the drop in CPM.

First, advertisers may have better tools now to track ROI and realize that their ad spend on the content network is giving them lower returns than the search network.

Recently, Google also introduced separate bidding for content networks. This could also result in lower payouts for webmasters who display AdSense.

Also, since Google doesn't tell you what the revenue share is, they can easily adjust the revenue share without having to inform the publishers. Imagine this scenario (which is not too far out). Google is now a public company which has to show profit/revenue growth to their investors. What if...

What if towards the end of the quarter, they realize that the numbers aren't going to be quite as spectacular... what's stopping them from adjusting the revenue share for AdSense so that they collect more of the revenue from the ads?

Thoughts anyone?

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby johndilbeck » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:07 am

johndilbeck

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:18 am

I've actually been doing so well with Amazon on one of my affiliate sites... that I replaced the Adsense in the sidebar with a Amazon tower that shows six related products (related to the pages content). It's practically the same size as the Adsense block... so I am testing that to see what kind of results I get vs Adsense clicks.

It's going to vary from site to site, of course - what works best, etc. The idea is to keep testing until you come up with the perfect mix... and then always have something ready to go up in its place should things change ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby johndilbeck » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:06 pm

Exactly, Lynn.

Things change all the time.

I used to make lots of sales through Amazon and that was the base for my affiliate marketing for a couple of years.

So far, this quarter, I've only sold 8 products. Can't build a business on that!

Thank goodness, as my Amazon income dropped, my Adsense revenue increased.

One day, probably, when the Adsense income drops, it will be time to replace it with something else.

Nothing remains the same on the web for very long.

All the best,

JD
johndilbeck

Postby Hock Ng » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:37 pm

Amazon always picks up for me in the 4th quarter.

As for AdSense, my observations are from having sites in dozens of niches. Sure, some are up and some are down but the overall numbers are lower.

Hock
Hock Ng

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options