[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Wow! New revenue source: Chitika eMiniMalls .. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Wow! New revenue source: Chitika eMiniMalls ..

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Wow! New revenue source: Chitika eMiniMalls ..

Postby e-coach » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:19 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm just testing a new revenue source on some of my sites. All I can say atm is that they pay much more per click than Google AdSense ... Here are some facts about Chitika eMiniMalls from their FAQs:

- Targeted product merchandising: Brings products related to site content to the visitor
- Product promotion: Promotes targeted products, not merchants, to the visitor
- Product reviews: Feeds into the consumer demand for more informed buying decisions
- Intelligent product recommendations: Extremely targeted based on related site content
- A comparative shopping experience: Visitors click when they know the Price is Right.
- Content and behavior-based feedback loop: Intelligently learns what products are working best for a particular website.

Try it yourself! In my opinion it seems to be a very good alternative to Google AdSense!

Please share your results with the other members!
e-coach

Postby Bina Omar » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:58 am

Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:47 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Testing Chitika

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:42 pm

I've been testing Chitika ads on several of my sites recently. The conversions in terms of CTR aren't as good as AdSense. The CPM is also lower. But it tends to work on sites that are shopping related. For example, if you've got a blog on gadgets or shoes or ski equipment, etc. Chitika would be a good addition.

If you have AdSense already showing on your sites, you'll have to disable the contextual feature. The code given by Chitika is defaulted to this at the moment. I suspect a majority of Chitika publishers are already displaying AdSense.

As far as ad inventory is concerned, I would like to see more in the future. Currently I tend to see a few of the same ads showing up.

Hock
Hock Ng

Re: Testing Chitika

Postby Bina Omar » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:49 pm

Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:42 pm

Bina,

Yes, I'm referring to specific webpages. You may have some webpages with only AdSense and others on the same site with only Chitika. In that case, you can turn on the contextual feature.

I've seen posts in other forums where people said that enabling the search feature in Chitika is okay even if you have Google Search on the page. But just to be safe, you should check with AdSense support folks.

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby 5starAffiliatePrograms » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:15 pm

Yes I have been hearing some good feedback from affiliates. Seems to work best like Hock said on more tech related shopping sites. I did a write-up about it on my blog if anyone is intereted in learning more. Not sure I can post a link here, so just go to my blog below and type Chitika in my search box. This thing sure is creating lots of buzz, that's for sure!

Hope this helps and best of luck!
5starAffiliatePrograms

Good money with Chitika

Postby ProBlogger » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:47 am

I've been using them for a couple of months nwo and they have changed my life - I'm not just saying that - literally they've changed my life.

I was using Adsense and making a full time income with it but Chitika has tripled my earnings. I've reviewed it at:

I also wrote up some tips here:

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2005 ... mall-tips/

Hope that helps
ProBlogger

Postby Rose » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:30 pm

I've been looking at signing up to try this as well. However one thing...

with Adsense, there are places where you can go to see just what type of ads will come up on your page in relation to your keywords. Like at Adsense sandbox: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/adsense-sandbox/

I've not seen anything that can show me the types of ads that will show up on my pages with chitika. Is there any place that anyone knows of where you can see sample ads for targeted keywords?
Rose
Elite Member

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:09 pm

Waste of perfectly good web page space.

Date Impressions Clicks Revenue
2005-11-04 284 0 0.00
2005-11-03 324 0 0.00
2005-11-02 421 0 0.00
2005-11-01 305 0 0.00
2005-10-31 212 0 0.00
2005-10-30 448 0 0.00
2005-10-29 376 0 0.00