[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Adsense Tips • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Adsense Tips

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Adsense Tips

Postby Sandra » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:27 pm

I found a great list of adsense tips by way of and thought I'd share. :D

This is the full list of tips that SEG references:
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:41 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:48 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby Sandra » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:14 am

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:03 am

Bonnie Lowe

Postby Rose » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:12 pm

I've been playing with my adsense ads too over the last couple of weeks. I also used to have the skyscraper on the right nav bar. After twiddling with things, I've found that the large text ad block 2 to 3 paragraphs down works the best (I removed the skyscrapper completely). I also started playing with the link/url colors too.

My 468 banner size is at the bottom of each page, and again, playing with colors, I've increased it's click through as well.

This all works well with one particular site. Interestingly enough those short 4 to 5 adlink units work surprisingly well across the top of the pages of a different site of mine and works a heck of a lot better than the large text block. Just gotta keep playing with them and testing out what works well with each site you own.
Rose
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:30 am

Great resource, thanks! ;) :D

I have some good links listed in this recent issue of the SSWT Newsletter as well: . One of my all-time favorites is "Using Images To Improve Your CTR"!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options