[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Google Banner ads • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Google Banner ads

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Google Banner ads

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:37 pm

I haven't had much response with the banner ads at the top of my forums, so I thought I would try Gooooogle's banner ads to see if the clickthrough is better.

So far I'm not liking the mix of ads that show up. I'm referring to the 468 x 60 image ads only. I'm not using the banners that contain 4 links. Has anyone else tried these?
Jennifer Hadorn

Googles adsense

Postby Troy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:55 pm

Yes, I've been playing with them. Im not quite sure how it works , but they seem to display ads based upon how well your page is optimized, or how google sees your page. In fact, You can optimize a page for google(shhh! dont tell no one!) based on how well the ads display relevent content. One of the sites that I built for a client seems to be doing very well with google ads.(http://coogsfinest.com)
Where is your website?
Troy

Postby Troy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:55 pm

nevermind, found it!
Troy

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:12 pm

The header at the top of my forums is where I run banner ads. This shows up on every page, so the ads would be based on the topic and content of the posts (I guess?). :?:

I didn't have it up very long, but I may put it on a "play" page to see how it does for the long term.

I may try some text ads under the first post later on, but for now I'm sticking with my current rotation. I like being able to pick and choose what is up there and what isn't. I also don't want my members inundated with ads AND I sell banner ad space to members. Rather, I have the option available. My forums are VERY new.
Jennifer Hadorn

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options