[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - AdSense :: new added features • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

AdSense :: new added features

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

AdSense :: new added features

Postby Sandra » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:13 am

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby rmjvol » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:17 pm

rmjvol

Postby stephfoster » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:30 pm

Well done multiple units might help with CTR, but I expect we'll see a lot more poorly done multiple units.

Top and bottom ads might not be too bad, fairly discreet, or middle and bottom on pages of a reasonable length. I'll probably experiment on one of my smaller sites, see if anything works better than the current single ads, but not on my main site.
stephfoster

Postby Sandra » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:33 pm

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:59 am

I've been noticing the 'Ads by Goooooogle' on my own sites, and dont have a clue what they hope to accomplish with that (besides distraction). Hmm - I guess we'll see.

The collapsing ad units sound interesting... looks like we have some testing to do! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:03 pm

I was wondering the purpose of the 'Ads by Goooooogle' as well......

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby alice » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:37 am

alice

Postby Sandra » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:09 pm

Yes, I did send a message using the . I just said that it was distracting to the user and I also thought it diluted the Google brand. Their email reply was the standard "thanks for your feedback" and that it was just something they were testing, but didn't say why.

Kind of goofy, huh?

Sandra
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby john925 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:44 pm

john925

Postby gary_the_ace » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:45 am

gary_the_ace

Postby john925 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:12 am

I didn't think of that actually.

Just doing a though "ooooo's" within their "Ads by Google" text got them alot of talk.

Because no one really new why they had done it, people then talked about it and word got around. By this happening Google Adsense has probably had received alot more hits just from people talking about it all around the web. They have had articles, press releases and all sorts written and published about what they have done, which has in return brought them more exposure and traffic.

This is what they probably wanted to accomplish and it has worked. People have talked, write articles, press releases and more.
john925

Postby Anita DeFrank » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:49 am

You know, thats a very good point! I hadn't thought of it that way either but, it just may have been a very good marketing technique....Hmmm....

Anita :)
Anita DeFrank

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options