This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Gonna be a record Adsense month for me

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Gonna be a record Adsense month for me

Postby cheaputils » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:05 am

After comfortably getting in excess of $100 from Adsense in the last two months, March 2008 is going to be a record month for me. I'm only $6 short of my previous best of $145 recorded in February, and hopefully will end up around $170 in total. That's approaching my next milestone target. Things are going well at the moment. :D
cheaputils

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:37 am

Congratulations!

Adsense drives me crazy.

Early this week my earnings per click were in the toilet. Today they're the highest I've ever seen. What changed overnight? Some mega Adwords advertiser in my niche throwing money at a huge new campaign? Oh well... I guess I don't need to understand it. I just need to smile as the money rolls in. :D
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Marc Meole » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:08 pm

Congrats neforum...setting obtainable goals 1 by 1 is a great path to success....
Marc Meole

Postby cheaputils » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Yes, it's a bit like a Total Quality Solution approach. Small steps add up to a large improvement.

I've recently been optimising a few of my smaller sites. I have a site in a high paying niche, but I've had poor traffic for it, so I've been really concentrating on keyword density, a more meaningful domain name (featuring keywords) and trying to get that traffic up. I have put it onto a sub-domain of one that is already heavily indexed in Google. This small site I have moved boasts a CTR of between 10 and 15%, but has only been getting small numbers of impressions for it's ads (a couple of views per day). It's generated 10 clicks from 71 impressions this month for $7.68 total. I know that if I can get the traffic up to a reasonable level, this site alone will add another $50-$100 per month, maybe more. I'll let things settle down and i'll report back to tell you all how it's doing.

PS. That previous record of $145 has now gone. I'm looking for a new high !
cheaputils

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Congrats!
MommyEnterprises

Postby cheaputils » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:51 pm

My total actually ended up a few cents short of $170. That's easily a new high for me. Long may it run!
cheaputils

Postby cheaputils » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:47 am

A small dip ensued in the April and May (still comfortably around $130-140 though), but now in July i'm pushing for a new high again. $52 from the first 9 days of July equates to approx $180 for the whole month if I can keep it up. Significantly, Google search is now producing about 10% of that value.

I've just bought a nice Iiyama 24" monitor this week with my Adsense gains, one that I could never have afforded or justified previously (around $500), so it's worth all the hard work.
cheaputils

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options