[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Found an interesting alternative ad source for AdSense • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Found an interesting alternative ad source for AdSense

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby alice » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:24 pm

alice

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:37 pm

Those are good questions, Alice!

The benefits are that the Ads are dynamically generated - so you get exposure to a variety of Ads without having to manually create them & update your pages. You also get 5% on the 2nd tier.

I actually liked the CBprosense Ads better (they were in the header, but I've since replaced them) as they were more content-relative to the content on any given page (and the text ads were easy to blend into content) -but as you read earlier in this thread, they arent compatible across all browsers. I may test those on some of my static pages...

In over a week of testing, I made zero sales on either Affiliate Power Ads or CBprosense. I dont really like the idea of losing forum visitors to Adsense... so I believe I'll go back to creating my own promos & recommendations for the header & footer here at the forum.

It was fun to test them, and check out how they worked... and I can definitely see uses for them in other areas, but my forum is prime real estate ( ;) ) and my own links have always generated much more interest.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby alice » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:49 pm

So, Affiliate Power Ads keeps a percentage of your commissions? How does this work, when they ask you to put your own affiliate link in? I'm LOST!

You know, the whole opening in a new window thing is something I've been tossing around for a while. I have noticed that Michael Wong doesn't open any of his affiliate links in a new window at . His reasoning is that it is confusing to visitors to have all these windows opening and you should always tell your visitor that a new window will open.

I kind of like that perspective...it's very user friendly. Of course, when I want to open a link in a new window as a surfer...I always have that option (but an Internet newbie won't know this).

I guess I'm off topic, but I did have that concern about AdSense when I started too (links not opening in a new window).

Alice

P.S. And for the record, I've never had much luck with AdSense on my boards anyway. I think people are so into the posts...that they don't really notice. I too find the best response comes from product recommendations I make myself on the forum.
alice

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:21 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby cbpro » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:44 am

cbpro

Postby cbpro » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:02 am

Last edited by cbpro on Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cbpro

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:32 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby cbpro » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:37 am

cbpro

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:51 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Anita DeFrank » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:21 am

Anita DeFrank

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:48 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby alice » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:42 pm

alice

cbprosense

Postby Deltlake1 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:46 pm

I just went to the page and the free verison is no longer available.
OOOPPPSSS
Bill
Deltlake1

Re: cbprosense

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:15 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options