[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Great New Ad Serving Works better than Adsense for me • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Great New Ad Serving Works better than Adsense for me

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Great New Ad Serving Works better than Adsense for me

Postby Michael b » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:03 am

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that in my first real attempt at using a marketing campaign on my website with I made almost $340. Which isn't a ton of money but I only had 6 units up and the website is fairly new. It tripled what I earned from google adsense and was pretty easy to use.

I think everyone should give it a try for a month and see what they think. I was suprised because I didn't think I'd make anything with it but it helped ad some income to my site. Next month I'll be adding it to a couple of my other sites and see if I can generate some more extra income.

Michael b

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:32 pm

Was this on your coffee & wine site?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Michael b » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:33 am

No I have another site that has been doing well with it. The coffee site Doesn't feature auction ads at all.

I have also since increased the amount of auction ads on my site for 6 to about 20 to see if it further increases revenue.
Michael b

Postby john925 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:49 pm

I am currently trying Auctionads. I am now into my 5 days and will keep it up for around about 1 or 2 months to see how well it has done. Hopefully I will be able to get some sales from it. It is on one of my sites that don't get much traffic, but hands crossed that it will generate sales.
john925

Postby Michael b » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:00 pm

John, try it in a nice location on one of your sites that is getting a lot of traffic and give it a chance. You might be as surprised as I was.
Michael b

Postby john925 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:16 am

The problem with AuctionAds is that there is alot that happens before you get a sale. That means you are far likely less to get a sale than what you would with most other pay per sale programs.

With a pay per sale program on my site (a it's a shopping site) I have to get the visitor to click on a link and then purchase. Now that is just one step.

With AuctionAds I have to get the vistor to click on the link and then they have to decide whether to bid or not. Once they start bidding, the auction will be a few days, if not 10 day long so they have that time frame to also decide whether they still want to product and whether it is still worth bidding for it. Once they do keep bidding then they also have to win the product. It's only when they win the product that you will earn.
john925

Ebay vs AuctionAds

Postby ownerwillcarry » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:13 am

Hello Michael,
Can you tell me what advantages you find in using AuctionAds as opposed to becoming an Ebay Affiliate marketer since both seem to pay out the same?

Thanks,
Greg W
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby Michael b » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:58 am

Michael b

Postby Michael b » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:56 pm

Also I'll add there are many ways to modify auction ads easily that you can learn while at the website. For instance you can show ads for a single seller on eBay (this works great if you are the seller on eBay as well) :) you can make your ads show only certain priced ads, target specific auctions, rotate different keywords automatically, just to name a few of the extra things from auction ads that you can't do through eBays regular affiliate program. VIEW below to see my month of august so far from just a small website, actually only 2 pages producing the auction ads stats.

Here above is a screen Shot for A not complete month of AUGUST Where I've netted nearly $2400 through auction ads. If you haven't signed up yet I suggest you do today and get this ad content on your website. Don't worry you can keep all of your adsense banners up with it :)

Not trying to brag just want to show newer affiliate marketers and i net marketers some cool ways to make some extra money... as I am pretty new myself. But the stats don't lie. Even people who have been in this a while can benefit from a new program.
Michael b

Postby ownerwillcarry » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:59 am

Hello Michael,
Thanks for the informative post. I think I’m doing something wrong with my Auction Ads campaign. Let’s take the one week from 08/13 – 08/19 for example. In that one week, my website received 6492 visitors (an average of 927 visitors per day). During the same period, my Auction Ads stats showed zero impressions and 173 clicks. How can you have clicks without impressions? And even if I was getting impressions, 173 total clicks is a lot fewer than I should be getting.

I am marketing an e-book through Ebay that I wrote myself. I’m only charging $1.95 for the book because the backend profit from Auction Ads is much more important to me than any front end profits that I can make off the book. Plus I wanted to make the deal irresistible price wise in order to increase the volume of sales. So far I’ve made 10 sales and none of them have been recognized in my Auction Ads stats. Will you please do me a favor? Will you take a look at my site and tell me if there is something that stands out to you as something that needs to be corrected? I’ve got a link to my Auction Ad e-book on all 57 pages of my website ( – check in the upper right-hand corner). Also, I believe I signed up under you. Would you please confirm this? If not I will open a new account through your link. You may email me privately at homes@ownerwillcarry.com

Thank you for your time,
Greg Winfield
OwnerWillCarry.Com
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby ownerwillcarry » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 pm

OK Michael, I think I see what the problem is. I've been using the URL Converter to generate an AuctionAds link specifically for my Ebay store. For some reason when I use the converter, the link doesn't record the correct number of impressions. I have since replaced the generated link with code they leads the buyer to a general "Real Estate For Sale" page and the impressions are jumping off the chart. I guess for now, I'll only use the specific link to my ebook on the 6 main pages of my site and use the general real estate code on all the others.

Thanks,
Greg
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby Michael b » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:23 am

Greg, by the time I got to look at your post tonight I think you've got it figured out, as when I click your link it redirected through auction ads. As for checking to see if you've signed up under me AA isn't equipped for that yet but they say in future updates they will be- all i can see is how many total people have signed up under me.

As far as impressions go sometimes the impressions don't match the stats another thing AA is working on according to their web page. Is has something to do with what eBay reports to them and when. As long as they pay me I guess I am cool with that for now lol.

AA is a really new company on the market, which has its good side (not overly saturated and still a lot of money to be made from it) and the bad ( we gotta wait out some of this kinks) but all in all I've got to say I have high hopes for this program as they continue to not only pay on time at the first of every month even if its a holiday but the new interesting widgets and uses they are coming up with could be a great wave for the future....

Greg also wanted to point out that I like you web site but the ad for your book you have in the top right corner didn't catch my eye until very late in my viewing and i think its because we start reading from left to right and tend to over look things on the right side of the screen. I would try it in the left hand corner of the screen or somewhere where people are going to trip over it. Perhaps even a banner link right below your Adsense Ads or above them. This way you'll still get clicks on your adsense ads and perhaps a $25 bonus from your book as well :) That will really get people to that and increase those $25 payouts.
Michael b

Postby ownerwillcarry » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:14 pm

ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby Michael b » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:14 pm

Michael b

Postby Michael b » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:05 pm

Anyone who hasn't joined auction ads or has yet to receive a check from auction ads gets a $25 credit placed into their account for signing up right now :)

Great time to join and try it, its free money. Just wanted to drop off an update...
Michael b

Next

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options